Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Faust`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have always enjoyed playing games with a strong community. I believe that MMORPGs provide this best, though it is possible to find enjoyable ones in other genres as well (but I digress). Specific classes that appeal to me are generally considered "good" (ie, paladin or priest). I find these classes to best represent me as a person. I therefore find an aggressive approach to situations to be awkward. Simply put, I would rather spend my days meeting and speaking to people than argue as some of my friends enjoy. This will be discussed further in the following sections where it will be more applicable.

As for some quick background towards me as a person: My name is David, and I am 22 years old. My major is Computer Science and though I am a senior, I still feel like there is so much left unlearned. I actually get quite nervous in interviews and speeches, so pardon any awkward phrasing. As a player I enjoy playing with a group of people rather than traveling solo - I find it more fun and adventurous as a group. I enjoy healing classes and spells the most as well in order to support the group. Outside of games I like playing music (trumpet) and snowboarding (living in cold areas does have an advantage!).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in Roanoke, Virginia, and my primary language is indeed English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
For almost every gaming endeavor I traveled with friends. I found that going into games as a group brought a piece of mind. What I later found out was that it also lead to group-think. Three years ago when many of my friends and I joined WoW we decided to play on a PvP server. Despite my temptations to suggest an RP, or RP-PvP (to please everyone) I kept quiet. I regretfully made the decision to play on a PvP server (I note that though I enjoyed group PvP, I felt as if I missed a part of the gaming experience).

I may never have played on a retail RP server, but I know the experience is what I am searching for: a home where stories are made and creativity flourishes. I pray to the light that this may become such a haven.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
One of my friends spoke of private servers when I mentioned going back to the game. Naturally I became curious and began to search for a private RP server. This happened to be the one I found with the most recommendations.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I seek adventure, and while this may hint towards action, think not! An adventure may lie within the walls of tavern. I simply seek a group to travel with mainly, and as such am attracted to crowds. Wherever the group may go I shall follow.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Paladin. I believe this class depicts my nature flawlessly. I play games with honor, take my work with pride, and look to extend assistance to others seeking it. So naturally I chose paladin as the class to play as. With an abundance of assisting spells and abilities I enjoyed the versatility of the Paladin class. I also liked how the class had three diverse roles it may play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A fun, engaging environment where we may all converge paths in an enjoyable RP experience. In other words, I expect this server to have a community that is well mannered and accepting. It is unfortunate that the retail RP servers have become plagued with people judging and rude towards those who RP. I expect the community to not tolerate such behavior.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect: Regardless of allegiance, class, or even path (spec). I feel that this is THE most important rule and will allow a mature and behaved community to flourish. It shouldn't matter what the person has interest in and what they chose to be in a game. They are here to add to the community, so embrace them!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Sweat dripped down the back of my neck as I drove the hammer against the anvil forging a shield. The night was young and I was eager to visit a friend. Carelessly I rushed to finish the job, slamming the hammer into the edge of the shield flinging it off the anvil. Shaking my head I convinced myself to take the night off, for anxiety would prohibit any progress. I walked into the night streets and was soon approached by an old woman with a veil.

"Vengeance is coming," she said in a scratchy voice raising the hairs on my arms. "Pardon me?" I asked, confused by the random statement. "Vengeance is coming!" she repeated loudly, her voice growing more hoarse. I backed towards a street lamp in an attempt to indicate my wariness. She repeated the phrase stepping closer, however paying careful attention to avoid the light of street lamp. Confused, I decided to at least humble her and show respect, and replied: "May the light find you. Pardon me now, for I must go." Without waiting for a response I began to walk away.

Minutes later I arrived at the house of my friend, a fellow blacksmith who recently learned the trade. I found it odd that the house be dark when I was expected, but knocked at the door regardless. No response. I knocked again harder, without response. With my impatient nature I began to walk back towards the street when I saw her again. Being curious I approached her, only to receive the puzzling statement I had received before! "What do you mean?!" I said growing annoyed and confused by the mystery of her repeated phrase.

Rather than responding she simply shook her head, pointing towards the front door. Now open, the front door revealed the silhouette a figure with dim lighting behind it in the doorway. I approached swiftly asking, "Meyers? Is everything alright?" The figure fell before me as I reached the door, motionless as it crashed into the floor. I leaned down and felt the cold skin of my dear friend, and a knife in his back. I quickly looked back to see if the woman had witnessed what had occurred, but she had vanished. The house lay silent, and I fell back against the opened door in awe.

"So this explains it..." the young elven woman said, sitting across from me at the large table of the tavern with many other strangers. "Yes," I replied softly. "I came here in search of peace." The man to the left of me chuckled and chimed, "Well you sure picked one heck of a place to come to. You know there's a war don't ya?" "Yes, I am aware. I just hope to--" the elven interrupted. "To find Vengeance," she said, pointing her staff towards me. "What?" I retorted, alarmed by her response I began to stand up. "A rogue who has sought to re-open a portal for Sargeras. He calls himself Vengeance."

I fell back into the chair, dazed by her words. "I pray to the light.." I thought to myself, "..that the path of Retribution be not what we must endure.

<<I do not claim this to be a well written work of art. I simply used it as a means of explaining some back-story to my character and the conflict between his inner beliefs and the path of Retribution (a reference to the path a Paladin may pursue naturally). The shifts in scenes and even time (the entire plot was indeed a flashback) was just for experimentation. I also couldn't avoid the influence of Halloween either with the eery setting ;).

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well said with the "Knowing when to quit" section. I was actually going to ask about that, but nevermind! :P

PS: I was apparently logged out after typing all of this and my heart nearly stopped when I hit submit and it said I needed to log in again. I would recommend placing a reminder for people to consider "backing up" their submission if its long. I was fortunate the back button worked and my browser cached everything.
Welcome welcome!

Lok'tar! Your intro to the server has been approved and we hope to see you soon! If you have not, feel free to look over the rules, F.A.Q., and the wiki. When you log on for the first time in-game, be sure to at least /join chat.