Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rucifel`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, to start off, I have played World of Warcraft for about five years off and on. I used to primarily be a PvE player until I discovered the joy that is roleplaying. I started off on Moon Guard by joining a small citizen-based roleplaying group. Since then I transferred my level 80 human paladin, Rucifel, to Moon Guard and got into medium and heavy Argent Crusade roleplaying. My roleplaying style is fairly warlike. I enjoy and really shine in an environment where I am in a militaristic group. This doesn't mean that I don't like socializing in Stormwind, though! I actually spent most of my roleplaying time in good old Stormwind.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America (west coast), and my primary language is English. I know it's not much, but I know a few phrases in Spanish that might come in handy if I meet a Spanish-speaking player. Again, my primary language is English, and I only just started taking Spanish in school.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
This is a very uneventful story. I was shopping around Costco one fateful day with my mom and I noticed a big shiny box for World of Warcraft. I checked it over and decided it looked like great fun, so I got my mom to buy it for me. I think I was about nine years old when I first played it, and now I am fourteen. Please don't get discouraged by this, though, because I would consider my grammar and roleplaying to be adequate.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I can answer both questions.

1. What made you seek our server over others?
Well, I cannot play retail WoW during the school year for personal reasons, so I started playing on a private server (recently, actually) for a few weeks. I have gotten that roleplaying itch that you get once you haven't roleplayed in a few months, and this is what made me seek a server like this.

2. How did you find us?
All I really did was search Google for "WoW roleplaying private server" and your website was the first to come up (three times actually). It seems as if your server is one of the only ones for roleplaying.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I would say that I enjoy and shine most in a militaristic/action/adventure roleplaying environment. My main roleplaying character on retail was a Lieutenant in a division of the Argent Crusade. I actually spent most of my time in Stormwind, though, so random town roleplaying is fun for me as well. I also enjoy playing a spy-type character stationed in towns.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race and class is the human paladin. I myself like justice and the idea of a white knight (think Batman). The paladin in the Warcraft universe is a holy crusader with a passion for justice. Also, good-aligned characters seem to appeal to me over evil characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server are of a mature and fun roleplaying environment where I can enjoy myself. Also, I would expect a small private server to have less griefers and generally annoying or mean-spirited people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The "no godmoding" rule greatly appeals to me as an action or militaristic-based roleplayer. Too many times on retail (Moon Guard) have I been the victim of senseless godmoding, all-powerful mages, warriors, and the like. Hopefully people will abide by this wonderful rule and make action roleplaying a great experience.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Putting me on the spot, aren't you? Haha. I will have a crack at it.

----------------------------------------------------------

I lifted my alabaster helmet off my head, taking in the surrounding plaguelands. Disgusting. I shook out my medium-length jet black hair and nudged my charger into a canter. I came alongside my favorite Gnomish drill sergeant, Tikree (or Tik for short), and snapped a short salute. "Any news from the mounted patrol on Scourge activity?"

Tik sighed a reply, "Nothin' so far, but I bet that there will an ambush ahead; probably in Caer Darrow. I can't wait to get outta this place. This Light-forsaken hell hole is really taking a toll on our mens' morale. I hope Mr. Moorwhelp can cheer the boys up with some stew. Just last night Corporal Greyridge went nuts. He drank that blasted Plague-water and started turning into a ghoul. Had to kill 'im."

I winced. Greyridge was one of my best soldiers. In desperate times he could rally the men to fight until the reinforcements came. A true hero if there ever was one.

Every day I spend in this land is another man lost in the fight for Lordaeron. May the Light be with us.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Are the Gryphonheart Items and FlagRSP, Total RP, etc. addons used on this server? I quite enjoyed making items in GHI and putting my backstory on FlagRSP.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^

P.S. To answer your question, a lot of people do use addons, but they are not required. Also. I like Batman.
To answer your question: Yes. FlagRSP/TotalRSP and GHI are all widely used. Some also use Outfitter.