Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Insert Facedesk Here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So.

After reactivating my retail World of Warcraft account, and ensuring to copy my WoW folder, I patched up to 4.0.1. Somehow, this led to both of my WoW folders getting patched up to 4.0.1. I don't even know how. But I am a very, very annoyed Scout right now.

Until this is resolved, I will not be ingame. If anyone can give me advice as to how one might go about fixing this, I'm all ears. I happen to be running WoW on a mac.
Delete one of the patch files. Then use the repair tool, it will take you to something like 3.0.0, then use manual patches you can download from wowpedia.org :)

I did the same ;)
This server core will not be upgrading to the next update. So...please do what Miah suggests. :D
Wait...we aren't updating?! D: since when did that happen...?
Trinity Core is not going to update to the next patch. Therefore, we cannot update to the next patch unless we switch cores.

Again.
Miah Wrote:Delete one of the patch files. Then use the repair tool, it will take you to something like 3.0.0, then use manual patches you can download from wowpedia.org :)

I did the same ;)
I deleted patch files, and it did absolutely nothing. It says I'm still on 4.0.1, but the only thing I seem to have accomplished is breaking WoW.

To be precise: when I delete a patch file and run repair, it says that no problems were found, but when I open WoW, it just shows a black screen for the background, and the patch still says 4.0.1 in the corner.
Regrettably, the only known way to get to 3.3.5a is to reinstall from an older disc (or download) and manually patch up.

(Posted via my phone)
So will I have to delete my folder(s)? I can't imagine it working if I already have a retail-patched WoW folder.
So I've found that I have a WoW folder on my external hard drive that is patched up to 3.2.1, so I'll be copying that to my computer to try to get it working.
Convenient, yet nonetheless epic.
Patching is commencing and I expect I shall be back tonight.
Joyous news.

Welcome home, sir.
I have escaped from my earthly bonds and rejoined the ranks of CotH.