Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: KitsuneRikka`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've played the retail version of WoW on/off for about 4 years now... I shared an account with my brother, so I decided to try playing on a private server. I always wanted to have an actual RPing WoW, but of course, it's a lost cause in the retail version. Outside of WoW, I play lots of different RPGs, I love Final Fantasy, and I am currently part of a Dungeons and Dragons 4th ed. campaign.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the USA, and my first language is English. I did take a few years of Spanish in high school though...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started with World of Warcraft. My uncle was obsessed with the game, and coerced my mom into buying it for my brother. He became addicted, and then he recruited me. I've been on/off addicted now.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, like I said in the player introduction, I'd like to play a version of WoW where role playing actually matters. I searched on google for a private WoW RP server, and yours was the first that came up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer roleplaying in groups. It can be as little as a group of two, but I prefer to have more than just me. I love adventuring and roleplaying inside cities, but I dislike fighting (which has always been nice in D&D... not.)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Personally, when I play games like Final Fantasy and the like, I always identify with the thief. My first D&D character was a rogue. I see myself not necessarily as an evil person, but as more of a shady person. When it comes to playing WoW, however, I prefer to play hunters, because I don't have to be alone all the time.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect that it will be mature. With all of the roadblocks you put up to make an account, I'm fairly sure that only mature players will actually make it into the server.
I also expect this server to be a strong advocate of in-character roleplaying.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
One of the most appealing ones is reliable keyboard/grammar skills. I can't even begin to explain how annoying I find it when people abbreviate almost all of what they're saying. I hate being the only one who actually uses sentences (GASP!) on the internet.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((This is the opening to one of my D&D character's backstory.))

Never once did she resent him. She had understood. But even that sort of comprehension can't eliminate pain.

Surimi Akasaka had grown up in a band of travelling performers. From a young age, her parents had taught her that the only thing you can depend on in life is yourself and your talent. As long as you have skills, you will never go hungry. They taught her to perform as well, an ability she utilized over the many years of travelling along with them from town to town. However, as she aged, she decided that she required a permanent place of residence. Her parents, although supportive, couldn't understand such a request, but nevertheless, bid their daughter goodbye.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm a female, by the way.
Hello, and welcome!

I apologize for the time it took to approve your introduction. GMs have been a bit preoccupied, and while we've been able to still work in some parts of the forums, we've been a bit swamped in others.

Roleplaying will indeed matter, here. Rest assured! And I also agree regarding keyboarding skills. However, please keep in mind some folks here have English as a second language, and are still brushing up on said skills in addition to working on their spelling and grammar!