Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Trinity Core and Cataclysm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Trinity Core becoming stagnant (Never upgrading past patch 3.3.5a) I can't help but wonder if we'll be having another server restart once a core for cataclysm comes out, or if we'll simply be staying at patch 3.3.5a indefinitely. I'm not too worried about it at this point since any server core for Cataclysm would be rather far off, but I was just wondering if Kretol, Grak, and the GMs were thinking about this at all... I, personally, would rather go through the hassle of another restart than be stuck at 3.3.5a forever.

Source
So would I. Cataclysm is not just new content. For most of us, it's new fresh RP opportunities. Where were your characters when the Cataclysm struck? Not to mention new races. Being stuck on 3.3.5. forever would be. . .Extremely boring.
Oh, for those of you who say that it will be impossible for anyone to ever crack into the Cataclysm core, and create a core for private servers... I think you're underestimating the power of hackers. I'd just like to use the British hacker Gary Mckinnon as an example, who hacked into ninety-seven systems of the United States Military's databases with off the shelf products and his home computer. I highly doubt that Blizzard has a better security system and algorithm for it's code than the strongest military on the planet.
Yeah I personally would want to move on, or if we're stuck on 3.3.5a, forever. Do some of our own serverwide lore like Sin'sholai.
Beltharean Wrote:Oh, for those of you who say that it will be impossible for anyone to ever crack into the Cataclysm core, and create a core for private servers... I think you're underestimating the power of hackers. I'd just like to use the British hacker Gary Mckinnon as an example, who hacked into ninety-seven systems of the United States Military's databases with off the shelf products and his home computer. I highly doubt that Blizzard has a better security system and algorithm for it's code than the strongest military on the planet.

To be fair and extend your point, the hacker in question I mentioned in the other thread was fifteen years old.