Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I am about to explode...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To make things clear, I have never, ever played WoW. I AM interesting in RPing, and have done so on Warcraft 3, mainly, but, I can't get this stupid thing to work! I have WoW.
I have downloaded WoW: The Burning Crusade.
I have downloaded the patch for PC from the Downloads folder.

Whenever I start the game, the bloody version box in the bottom left corner says 2.0.0.6080 (Release).

I've spent so.. long.. downloading..
Will someone please help me? I'm feeling like quitting the game before I even get the chance to play it...
Early morning, Temujai. I understand your pain in installation troubles, though the patching seems a bit odd... I can't seem to find a link to any patches in the forum's Download section. Are you sure you're not confusing a patch with the realmlist.wtf file?

Did you follow the front page instructions? They're a bit of a scroll down, not near the top anymore.

Edit: Link to said post of instructions for patching.
Thank you for replying, and I must've downloaded the wrong bloody thing. I downloaded the WoW: BC from here, and what I thought was a patch, it wasnt the realmlist.wtf file, it was "WoW-BurningCrusade-Trial-enUS-Installer-downloader"
Which i'm guessing is... The same thing..? :(
The Trial isn't a patch at all, but it's most likely just another client. Which you don't need... I think. Not sure, actually. But as long as you download the World of Warcraft Client, along with the Burning Crusade Client, you should be able to use the link I provided you with to download what is the patch that the server requires.

I think patching should be a self-explanatory process, though again I'm not sure. If you need help, there are dozens of sites with instructions. A google would probably solve your tutorial problems. This site itself has a tutorial for how to change your realmlist.wtf after you're done patching, so be sure to look that up... as well as all the other information on the Wiki.
The 'Trial' is still the full BC client, don't worry.
Okay, crisis temporarily averted, I think you've explained the problem properly, thanks for the help. I hope i'm up and RPing soon. :)