Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: IlexGarodan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Ted, I'm 22 years old (23 in January), and I absolutely love the fantasy genre. I was introduced to it when I was in fourth grade, when my father bought The Hobbit, and read it to me. From that point on, I was hooked.

I'm currently in college, learning game design-- my dream is to start my own company, and share my love of games with the world! I'm also an avid fan of the arts; plays, paintings, comics, literature, you name it! I'm currently re-reading (for the seventh time) the classic Dragonlance saga by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman-- books I'd suggest to ANY fantasy fanatic!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Canada, where I still live to this day. I'm a resident of Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province, which is located in the Atlantic Ocean, to the north of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

My mother tongue is English, which I'm most comfortable with. I am, however, fluently bilingual in French, though I'm getting rusty. I'd better brush up on my skills-- I don't want 12 years of French Immersion to go down the drain.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
An old family friend bought Warcraft III not long after it was released. He showed it to me, and I decided to give it a whirl. Being no stranger to RTS games (thanks to Total Annihilation, which has to be THE best RTS I've ever played), and an avid fantasy fan, I quickly delved into the story.

I haven't turned back since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Simple. I wanted to find a free server that encourages, nay, demands roleplaying from its players! Since I'm also a bit tight on money (being a student sucks in that regard), I don't have the funds to keep renewing my official WoW Account.

I've been a roleplayer from as far back as I can remember, starting in chat rooms, before slowly moving to Dungeons & Dragons. From there, I blossomed. My passion for roleplay, fueled by my limitless imagination, helped make me who I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be honest, it varies. I enjoy all forms of roleplaying-- from tavern hopping barflies, to warriors scouring the lands for evil creatures to fight, to an all-out free-for-all where the winner takes all. I enjoy one-on-one RPing, to HUGE group roleplays, where everybody has a say.

In other words, I don't have one specific type of RP I enjoy. I'm flexible. It just feels more exciting that way!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh, this is a tough one. Honestly, it all depends on what sort of mood I'm in. Sometimes, I might want to play a Mage, wielding enough destructive energy to level an entire mountain. Or I might want to dabble as a Paladin, and be the unyielding fist of my god. Or a Warrior, who's armed to the teeth, and ready to take on any challenge! There are simply too many classes for me to choose a favourite!

As for races, I feel most comfortable as either a Human, or a Blood Elf. Why? Well, with Humans, it should be obvious-- we're all humans. We know how we act, think, feel, and whatnot. As for Blood Elves, I enjoy the concept of a shattered Elven civilization, who are trying their damnedest to rebuild.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to be treated maturely, with respect, and most of all, I expect to have fun roleplaying with all of you! Isn't that what the server is about?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance. Though, personally, I would prefer acceptance over tolerance, since it's better to accept someone for who they are, than to tolerate them. But that's just me.

Anyway. Why tolerance? Because, as the rule states, "We intend to keep this server as friendly and open-minded as possible." I want to be in a friendly environment, where I can be accepted for who I am. No jokes made at my expense, no hatred towards me for playing differently than others. In return, I will do the same.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sword vibrated as Thorarrin made a wide swing at one of the dozens of Murlocs surrounding him and his companion. Thorarrin was incredibly muscular for a human, standing at a staggering six feet, nine inches. His pale complexion and light blond hair made him stick out like a sore thumb in the swamp.

"Damn buggers don't know when to quit," he shouted as he raised the shaking sword to block an oncoming attack. His companion, the young mage Deukalion, rolled a ball of bat guano in his lithe fingers, and flicked it at an oncoming Murloc. Much shorter than his friend, Deukalion stood at just over five feet, three inches. His skin was a tanned colour, his hair a pitch black. It was obvious that he came from the south.

"Asantis mura-kellis!"

A plume of flame streaked past, and hit a Murloc square in the chest. Now on fire, it screeched, and jumped into the murky swamp water.

"I got him!" Deukalion shouted, but not before getting bonked over the head by a crude club. Letting out a cry, he crumpled to the ground, unconscious. Thorarrin, hearing his friend's cry, quickly turned, enduring the claws that scratched over his chainmail.

"Gods damn it, great time to pass out," he mumbled as he thrust his sword through the throat of the lizardlike humanoid. Quickly picking the unconscious mage up in his arms, he charged through the attacking beasts, passing by each in his path. The Murlocs let out a scream, and began to chase their prey.

Clutching his hearthstone, Thorarrin mumbled a brief incantation. The rune engraved on it began to glow, and the two of them were quickly engulfed in its light. Suddenly, they appeared outside Stormwind City. Setting Deukalion on the ground, Thorarrin glanced at a nearby guard.

"Get a cleric! My friend is hurt!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing, really. I don't have much else to say, other than to thank you for your time! If I'm accepted, I look forward to playing with all of you!
Welcome!

Ahh, Dragonlance. I first got into the series back in high school when I was browsing the fiction section of the library. I had found the Twins trilogy, and they looked interesting. Little did I know how awesome they and subsequent Dragonlance novels would be! Although what you're doing does sound appealing. I should go back and reread the original trilogy again.