Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: waterfall99`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Okies! My name is Clare, I'm 28, and I've been WoW-RPing for about 5 years now. Love the Horde, especially orcs! I've also done LARP on and off for a few years. I love reading fantasy and sci-fi, I like doing odd cartoony doodles, usually of my WoW characters. Anything that works my imagination really!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from England. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was recommended it by a work colleague, strangely enough. I'd dabbled in Everquest some years previously but life was too busy to get involved long-term with an MMO. Fell in love as soon as I started, and apart from the odd month break here and there I've been playing ever since!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I actually heard about you whilst playing on a different private server. I still play retail WoW, but I do enjoy a break from the norm occasionally, more so since Cataclysm is looming and all those places I know and love will be replaced...*wistful sigh*...it's nice to know somewhere they'll be preserved.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Honestly? I'm a mixed bag. More than anything I enjoy being part of creating something believable. I love that almost 'waking up' feeling you get after a good session of RP, whether it was a celebration with IC friends, a desperate battle against overwhelming odds, or even a journey to retrieve a fabled artifact with just one other comrade. If RP's going and I'm not intruding, I will more than likely attempt to shoehorn myself in!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Aha, that's easy. Orc female because they embody all those strengths I aim to emulate. Noble, fierce, amazonian, honourable. Class would be hunter - I love the bond they have with their pets, trusted companions.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want to be a part of your story. Quite simple really.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I guess it would be the real 'policing', the fact that I can finally RP somewhere the 'lolbois' can't reach.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The frigid wind whistles across the silent, sparkling landscape. Nothing moves, except...there, a Frostsaber noiselessly pads across the frozen ground, golden eyes gleaming as she swings her head this way, that way, searching out the prey of the evening. A noise, sudden, abrupt, makes the noble creature's head shoot up, keen gaze scanning the landscape for threats. A moment passes, two, three...nothing except the low moan of the wind is to be heard.

The great cat resumes its steady tread, paws making almost no mark upon the pristine white blanket. Then, as if time itself had frozen, the cat is paralysed, caught in a block of swirling magical ice. From behind a large rock an orc emerges, a female clad in an array of gleaming mail and leather. She approaches the beast, holding her hands out, one hand containing a raw scrap of meat. She makes a strange gesture with the other hand. The ice is removed, yet the cat is still rooted to the spot. The anger and confusion evident in the golden eyes. The orc gazes steadily at the Frostsaber, her liquid gaze unwavering and calm. She places the meat on the ground and slowly backs off a pace, all the while making that strange, twirling gesture with her fingers. The cat seems slow, sluggish, as though her reactions are gelid and frozen. She approaches the meat...tentatively sniffs and begins to chew, one eye upon the orc.

Once the cat has finished, she rises and eyes the orc. The huntress nods slowly at the beast, who shakes her head as if rousing from a trance. Blinking once, twice, she looks upon the orc as if seeing her for the first time. The orc smiles and walks with measured steps towards her. She crouches in front of the cat, who sniffs the orc's hand briefly, before placing her head in her lap.

There is a deep rumble from within the beast. 'You are welcome, Snowfall,' says the orc, Zhagra.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The character I would like to play is a copy of my main but with a slightly different name. If this is frowned upon then I understand and will come up with a different concept. The idea behind this is that I'd love the chance to try and play her in a setting where she is unrestricted by the laxity of rules on retail RP servers, where the RPer seems to be the lesser citizen.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! :3

Lok'tar Ogar! Greetings and Salutations, and all of that! Hehe. Upon entering the game for the first time, please /join chat for game related questions and conversations and /join barrens for a more silly shenanigan filled atmosphere!

In the meantime, please make sure you are familiar with our Rules, Policies, and FAQ's. If you haven't, also check out the Wiki! It's pretty cool.

Hope you enjoy yourself and we look forward to seeing you in there! Happy Rping! ^-^