Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Centralizing Information Within an IC Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to share information within an in-character group efficiently, but see no easy way of doing this in-game. For the in-game organization that I've started, "Greystone Charities", it would help if it was possible to have a central list of other character's requests and offerings which only group members could access and update. While this could easily be done via a simple web forum ( ie. myfreeforum.com ) with a section for IC posts, I'm a little hesitant about doing this as it takes some of the game offline. Likewise I don't know how other Cothians feel about this sort of thing (Whether or not this is generally accepted). The organization "Greystone Charities" is not a guild, so I don't have access to whatever mechanisms might be available to guild members.(I'm not familiar with what guild mechanics might add either)

Any thoughts on acceptable ways of doing this?

Sending a periodic newsletter via mail is a possibility but mail is limited in length and a centralized list of some sort would be much more efficient. Also, books created within GHI cannot be mailed..
Grab GHI and create an GHI item, like a book or such, and distribute it to all the members, or whoever you want to have such information.
1. Make a GHI book with all the information in it.
2. Post the code on a blog/forum.
3. Have the members import the code into GHI and automatically receive the newest book (if you keep up to date with it, that is).
Look up Duskwolf's fantastic hawk messaging system (uses GHI). The Light of the Nova guild currently uses it.
Or you could make your own Channel In-Game.
Yeah, an in-game channel doesn't persist information for users who are not logged in atm. I might just
keep it simple and make a forum thread for this and assume that nobody will short-circuit our efforts.

The hawk messaging idea does sound good... I may give that a shot.. We'll see what happens.

Thanks \o/