Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: {RC} Not Undead. Yet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The blackness was all around. Nothingness. Silent yet loud at once. Only darkness before his eyes. Astus was haunted by occasional intense visions, echoing voices in the nothingness that came and went quickly or stayed for long periods. Is...is this death? Wh...what's going on here? He felt nothing but searing pain, endless torment that never eased no matter how long he bathed in the righteous flames of...nothing. The sorrowful voices of his family vibrated through the solid ebony, Since...since when are they... Astus tried to look around for some light to indicate what was happening, but he had no body to move with. He was empty, hollow, and slowly being devoured by the anguish of darkness. I can't... He groaned , trying to blot out the all-consuming pain to no avail...

The whispers close-yet-far off in his mind repeated over and over, radical fear rising from deep within his consciousness. Visions of demonic creatures and vile ghosts of past images cursed his every waking moment; they being the only sight he could see. And yet, he could not turn away from nor close his eyes to them in this Stygian purgatory. He didn't know where he was, but he felt words searing into his mind, and the sensation of blood pouring down from thousands of wounds that he didn't have a body to carry.

Atonement. Justice. Vengeance. Good. Evil. Shadow. Light. Love. Hate. Power. Lust. Wealth. Life...

None of it matters. In the end, all die and face the consequences for their sins in death. For eternity.

Astus would suddenly die all over again with indescribable agony, reliving every single horrible deed he'd committed.

----

"Alright pretty boy." She grabbed the arm of the paladin and twisted it. "I got you surrounded here, and I need you to do something for me. Disobey and you...and those children join them." She waved her hand to the pile of corpses to her left, guards of some sort, and then to two tied and gagged children. The paladin winced, shaking the Master loose. "Just...tell me what you want, just don't...harm the kids." She nodded.

"Good. You're smarter then the others." She pointed at the dead elf which sat on a desk, skin pale and face twisted in the last grimace before he died. "You see that elf? I require you to bring him to life." The paladin was aghast, this evil being wanted him to bring some...who knows what that elf was, to life! He looked at her angrily. "Why not just make him one of -them-." He growled and pointed to the few undead guardians in the room.
"He's...well he's a good friend of mine, and that isn't the fate he deserves. Now do it or they die!" One of the skeletons raised a blade towards the children and they let out muffled screams.
"Fine, fine! Hold on, don't hurt them!" The paladin began to prepare as the Master watched carefully, each of the undead soldiers holding blades to the necks of the hostages. The Master had already repaired any flesh wounds, so the all the paladin needed to do was raise him into life. The paladin began to hum softly under his breath, and the master tensed, just in case he decided to try anything funny. She let out a sigh of relief as a golden aura began to surround Astus, and for a long few hours the man channeled the Light. What's taking so damn long. She mentally hissed, hoping that her student would awaken soon.

The young necromancer's body erupted in brilliant golden flames for a moment, which swirled and settled into the body, and with a sputtering cough he began to breath, flicking into consciousness a moment, a sigh of relief from his torment was the first, well second after the coughing, sound he made. He stared at his Master standing over him, and he was at first, unsure. "Am I un...?"

"Undead? No...not yet, anyway."

Temporary Drawbacks

Mental slowness.
Fear of Tavren & co.
Fear of venomous animals.
Frailty.
High sensitivity to poison.
Harder to cast spells, if not unable to cast them at all.

Permanent Drawbacks

Increased sensitivity to poison. (Curable by complex means, and will remain unknown until exposed to poison again.)
Hatred of Tavren & most Warlocks.
Disgust & Hatred of Redis.
Increased paranoia.
Increased fear of death, dying, and being killed.
Slight personality change.

Killer: Tavren
Reviver: NPC