Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Take a look at the ones you are RP'ing with!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is an OOC thread about IC stuff.

I think that it is ridicolous that people really don't pay attention to other peoples outfit. Hoods, masks (or event both combined) doesn't seem to make people suspicious. When a Death Knight walks around with VERY dark skin, a glowing sword on their back, a hood covering their eyes and full plate armor, people don't really pay attention - they might even share their beer with that fellow!

I'm not trying to say that your character has to pee their pants when they see an undead, or a masked man - I just want to say that in most cases it has influence. I don't think much people would feel comfortable in a bar, or share their beer, with a man that walks around in dark clothes, a hood covering his face, who sits alone in the corner while playing with a butterfly-knife. I know that it is more common to be armed and look shady in the Warcraft universe - but come on. It would still have an effect on your character.

I suppose most humans who fleed from Lordareon would have some "grudge" towards the forsaken.
I think this is a rather big issue ICly, seeing that alot of Death Knights, Warlocks and masked/hooded rogues are in the tavern(what are they even doing there?).

I think most people should read the thread about disguises(which someone made here on the forums). Why would a warlock who is trying to manipulate people walk around in a dark hood, covering his face? Who would trust that person?

TL;DR: Take a look at your RP "partner(s)"' equipment, and let your character be influenced by it.

/rant
I agree 100%. I've been purposely walking around in Deathmist gear waiting for a reaction. The most I got was a whisper that I would be killed if I were seen by a GM.
Have to agree with this. Quite some masked figures seem to be stalking around in Booty Bay lately.

I suppose I haven't had the 'pleasure' of dealing with any of them because none other than.. Shado. Who I know and hate already (who doesn't?) who aproaches me every now and then to do some creeping. I suppose it's embedded in everyone's heads that in games, mask and hoods are cool. Even if I have trouble putting myself over that every now and then. It's kind of obvious.

Who'd trust a person with a bandana infront of his face walking up to you and come along to answer a few questions? :P
Exactly my point :)
Awkwardly, sadly, ironically true. No, seriously.
-Glowy swords: So what?
-Masks: Maybe (s)he's ugly?
-Hoods: (S)he's probably bald, or something. Not that I care!
-Not an inch of body visible from heavy plate armor: He's strong. /nod, then walk away
I don't really have a problem with people looking like robots, but it's more the people that don't pay attention to it. What kinds of people would walk over the a guy in a bar, sitting in the corner by himself, with a mask and hood on and covering every visible skin?
Well, the problem with this is that people will read this, nod in agreement, and not do it. They simply don't want to waste the time, and, by the time they remember to do it, they're already too far into the RP. It's the same with all rants.
Well, hopefully people will keep this in mind.
Jurkey Wrote:I don't really have a problem with people looking like robots, but it's more the people that don't pay attention to it. What kinds of people would walk over the a guy in a bar, sitting in the corner by himself, with a mask and hood on and covering every visible skin?

FRODO BAGGINS!
asummers48423 Wrote:I agree 100%. I've been purposely walking around in Deathmist gear waiting for a reaction. The most I got was a whisper that I would be killed if I were seen by a GM.

Nuh uh, I said that you'd be killed if you were seen by Light people. (unless that wasn't me you meant!) The only reason it didn't effect my character is because he's a warlock himself, although he did pretend to let it affect him before he started talking to KAyor.

They might be there to hide out? Astus is in Booty Bay because its, weirdly enough, the safest place for him to recover from his death.
Can I get away with wearing a hood because I actually RP a change in weather? Since it's November? >.> I figure it should be cool to cold.
Therai only wears a hood in public when she's outside, and even then it's usually raining. When she's doing evil stuff, however, that's a whole other story.

Personally, I make an effort to comment on such things IC.
It bug's me too. Most of all when you have smaller scale character's such as blood elves, gnomes, and the like, who are unintimidated by tauren or orc warrior types. I mean, if I ran into one IRL (or someone human of that same size and build) I would probably squeal and run away. Or at least be permanently like O.O
In all my time on the server, not once has a rant about goings-on in character ever drastically changed the situation.

If you want something done, either confront the perpetrators yourself (in-character) or contact a GM with your complaint. Remember that if we don't know about it, there's nothing we can do about it.

Quote:I agree 100%. I've been purposely walking around in Deathmist gear waiting for a reaction. The most I got was a whisper that I would be killed if I were seen by a GM.

Please refer to our policy on NPC Abuse, as I am assuming you were in a city.
He was in booty bay.
Pages: 1 2 3 4