Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Forsaken Deathknight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something i thought i would ask you all...

Undead Deathknight...must they be Forsaken? Most, if not all Deathknights are suposedly Dead anyways, so would it be possible to use a Forsaken model to represent a human Deathknight who was a little more...decayed?

For the record, this was brought up by the idea of a 'Forsaken' Deathknight who wouldn't consider himself a member of the Forsaken.

I'm rambling. I should get some sleep.

Discuss.
It's possible. Not all Undead are Forsaken aligned. Mind you though, they cannot be aligned with the Alliance.

-Unless- you intend on a character getting a custom ID change so that they're a Human DK that looks like a Forsaken. Because in that case...no dice.
Heh, no that would be a little much...

The character would be Horde still, or neutral. Just because he still considers himself human doesn't mean the Humans do.
Well, that's a-okay then!
A forsaken deathknight would have to be forsaken, purely for the reason that its a very different situation than for any other race. If a blood elf is killed, and becomes a deathknight, or an orc and such, they could possibly be welcomed into the forsaken as one of their kind, having the same experiences as the rest of the forsaken and the same motives for continued existance. But they would be of equals or lower status than the average deader.On the other hand,a forsaken deathknight is likely the kind of revered hero of the forsaken, who died, ressurected, went back to fight the lich king -again-, Died again for the forsaken's cause, and -still- managed to escape, flipping off the lich king from the back of an undead horse.

Unlike most races, the undead deathknight is most likely revered amongst their people as a great war-hero still, and an example to other forsaken about staying true to the cause of killing the lich king. Though, now he is dead, they would likely simply be revered as heroes.
Miah Wrote:A forsaken deathknight would have to be forsaken, purely for the reason that its a very different situation than for any other race. If a blood elf is killed, and becomes a deathknight, or an orc and such, they could possibly be welcomed into the forsaken as one of their kind, having the same experiences as the rest of the forsaken and the same motives for continued existance. But they would be of equals or lower status than the average deader.On the other hand,a forsaken deathknight is likely the kind of revered hero of the forsaken, who died, ressurected, went back to fight the lich king -again-, Died again for the forsaken's cause, and -still- managed to escape, flipping off the lich king from the back of an undead horse.

Unlike most races, the undead deathknight is most likely revered amongst their people as a great war-hero still, and an example to other forsaken about staying true to the cause of killing the lich king. Though, now he is dead, they would likely simply be revered as heroes.
Well, this character would have never been Forsaken in the first place. He was a living Knight thats body was so torn up during his service to the Lich King that he simply looks like one, and will never be accepted in Silvermoon again.

Someone who was already Forsaken would most likely go back to their people, true. But this is a Death Knight who is being rejected by his people due to how he looks. He was not Forsaken prior to becoming a Death Knight, and would thus not be considered a hero to them.
My Death Knight, Malth, is actually exactly as you described. However, there is explanation as to why he has alligned with the Horde in his character history. Just make sure you keep it believable, and I don't think there'll be a single problem.

Anyway, Pies signing out. I saw the topic during my general 3-minute lurk and decided to post.
Good show.
Why would the Scourge even bother raising a falling skeleton into a Death Knight?

Be consistent. No half baked Necromancer would bring a Forsaken to Northrend to have it ressurected. Rather they'd leave it there. Or turn it into a shook troop, you know, something level-0.
Lynoa06 Wrote:Why would the Scourge even bother raising a falling skeleton into a Death Knight?

Be consistent. No half baked Necromancer would bring a Forsaken to Northrend to have it ressurected. Rather they'd leave it there. Or turn it into a shook troop, you know, something level-0.
With the Scourge's astounding tactical displays and impressive leadership shown by Arthas during WotLK, it wouldn't surprise me that much if they brought back this tattered corpse as a Death Knight.

Remember, DKs were not 'hand picked by the generals of the Scourge, each one an elite warrior'. No, instead they were mass produced. Anything that fell in battle against the Scourge was liable to be turned into a DK. The weak were gotten rid of through the fierce system they had in place, where it was essentially 'prove you're strong by killing lesser Knights'.
Exactly, Not all of the deathknights were brought back purely for their ability to fight, else there would simply be no gnome deathknights. They can be brought back for natural affinity's and talents with magic, or for being great tacticly minded people. As long as they had a quality that made them practical, they could be ressurected, else they would likely just be raised as mindless ones.
So yes. Undead Deathknight, who may happen to be Forsaken as that faction is accepting all undead with minds; they need to make up their numbers after the events in Icecrown!

Human Deathknight now aligned with the Forsaken, works for me ^^ He isn't pretty enough to be in the Alliance...
Miah Wrote:who died, ressurected, went back to fight the lich king -again-, Died again for the forsaken's cause, and -still- managed to escape, flipping off the lich king from the back of an undead horse.
Sounds tragicomic.
Yeah it does. Ill kill the lich king! *dies* *is ressurected* Ill still kill th-... *Is killed and ressurected to serve the lich king* I will never learn my lesson! Die lich king!"

ITs the kinda guy who would attack the lich king in the death knight starter zone. :P
Miah Wrote:Yeah it does. Ill kill the lich king! *dies* *is ressurected* Ill still kill th-... *Is killed and ressurected to serve the lich king* I will never learn my lesson! Die lich king!"

ITs the kinda guy who would attack the lich king in the death knight starter zone. :P
Haha, those filthy Forsaken, they never give up.