Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: MisterDre`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
"This can be anything", says the introductory subtitle. Oh dear, I've never liked assignments where it can be 'anything', that almost always means 'predict what the prof wants to hear and plan accordingly'.
And I'm -bad- at that.
Nevertheless! I am, as some may have guessed, a student, one of the Engineering variety, Software in specifics. I'm still figuring out why. Aside from this, I am a 21-year-old male ape-descendant carbon-based life-form, located in a comparatively well-constructed building placed somewhere within the city of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Generally, I'm very calm, rather personable, and like writing quite a bit.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
My primary language is English, though I also took a small amount of spanish in High-school and am attempting to teach myself japanese. It isn't going well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played warcraft II a lot as a kid, kept following the series. Ran out of money, so therefore, to the private servers I went for WoW.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Got told of this server while snooping about for RP without having to pay to attend Moonguard. Trusted the source of information well enough, came along, and decided it sounded fun.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Tavern tomfoolery is perfectly fine as far as I am concerned, though really, I partake in a lot of things. Many of the characters I play are not entirely combat-oriented, and some of them are outright cowards. Player-on-player fights, I try to avoid. Pairs and small groups are often best, though.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarves, because th' accent be aught ta try an' put intaa warrds, like. Ye dinnae knaa which o' th' folk are bound ta try an' taulk ta ye if yer givin' 'em a reet bout o' languisticral chase!

Also Paladin, because you have an awesome excuse for yelling one-liners at your foes.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect the server to be a little on the empty side, in comparison to the paid servers I've played on paid-WoW. However, given the lengthy process of enlisting to this server, I also expect everyone to be pretty darn cool and likable. None of the "can u [insert asinine request here] kekekekek" nonsense that Goldshire seemed littered with from time to time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Knowing when to quit"
To quote Kenny Rogers :
"If you're gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right. You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run".

Seriously, nothing turns an RP sour like somebody who is desperately trying to turn something the way they want it to go when all odds are against them. I find this is when the worst godmodding happens.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Once there was a tiny man,
And he was very small,
He lived alone in forest lands,
And he wasn't very tall.

He saw himself in the mirror,
His head was tiny, too,
“With a head so small”, he thought,
“Have I a mind to use?”

He thought, pondered, and then
he started talking to himself.
He continued on along this way,
Until he walked nearby an elf.

This elf was grey and wisened
His face so very old,
The years had left him covered in
wrinkles from head to toe.

“Why, sir!” the elf said to the man,
who then turned to the elf
“Why sir, why do you argue so,
when there's only yourself?”

The man explained “Oh, good old elf,
I sincerely apologize.
But you see, my head's so small
I don't know if I have a mind.”

The elf did smile, and looked
Towards the tiny man.
“Ah, but consider this,
my tiny little man.”

“You see, you argue and you ponder,
yet the answer's very plain.
For to wonder means to think, my friend!
And for thinking, you need brains!”

The man did think, and then he smiled.
“Why thank you, kind old elf!
Why didn't I, a little man
Figure this one out myself?”

“To think means I must have a mind!”
Proclaimed the tiny man.
“I think, and so I have a brain!
I think, therefore I am!”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Can I have a character who is silly yet semi-competent? I've always wanted to play a burly, sword-swinging idiot who proclaims himself to be the "Ultimate Undying Torch" of "Superior Universal Justice", or such nonsense like that.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, MisterDre!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Lastly, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

And just to note, purely nonsensical characters are somewhat... frowned upon.

Have fun! :>
~Dilly