Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: gresham88`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Greetings friends! Firstly I would like to introduce my OOC persona. I am a 22 year old professional finishing my last semester of college and preparing to enter the Financial field. I have been working as an Investments Analyst for the past 10 months and plan on continuing full time after I graduate. I love fantasy and always have, reading many good books over the years. I was always a huge fan of Tolkien and the level of detail found in the lore of his books. I also love snowboarding, playing my guitar, spending time with good friends, and cooking. Hopefully the rest of the important things will be covered in another section!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States and I currently live in North Carolina. English is my primary language and I am sad to say the only language I have at all mastered.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My Warcraft experience started over 3 years ago when some friends begged me to get into the game. I bought the trial and of course was instantly hooked. I ended up going back and playing Warcraft III so that I could have a better understanding of the lore and origins of some of the characters. I ended up spending the next 3 years leveling multiple characters to max level, raiding in BC, re-rolling Horde (Yes I started Alliance), and exploring all WOW had to offer. I ended up quitting several times because of the incredible time commitment and could not find a way to enjoy what I loved most about the game without wasting lots of time in the endless grind to stay competitive.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
All of the official WOW servers that claim to be Roleplaying servers appear to be dying out. True Roleplay was hard enough to find when I began WOW, but now it is almost impossible.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all types of roleplay to be honest. I will gladly grab a mug of ale and share a story with a friend or two, yet when you need a strong arm and a sure blade expect me to be by your side.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have to say that of all the race/class combos I have tried over the years I have always been in love with the Dwarf Hunter. Beyond the fun I had playing a hunter, the idea behind such an individual is absolutely intoxicating. The lone wolf trekking out through the snowy mountains above Ironforge as he pursues the hunt with his faithful pet friend. It is simply a wonderful and adventurous calling to pursue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that this server will become home for me. I want to find great friends who esteem the most important things in life such as Honor and Loyalty. I want to find a place where I can play out those values through my character and find respect in the eyes of my friends and peers in game.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I appreciate the fact that knowledge of the lore is required, and that all players are expected to roleplay. I also like the warnings about language and harassment as these things tend to take away from a wholesome RP experience.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The snow swirled around in violent streams threatening to knock him over as he stood looking down over the mountain range below. The wind was especially violent tonight, and if he did not hurry he would be forced to spend yet another night out in the cold. He shivered at the very thought. Was it just his imagination or was each winter getting steadily colder and more vicious. He was thankful for the heavy wool cloak he wore and he pulled it about him with a smile. The wee dwarven lass who had made this for him always brought a smile to his face and warmth to his heart. How long he had looked forward to this day, when he would finally return to his home in Ironforge. Many months he had been away pursuing adventures and traveling to new lands. He grunted as he thought of all the places he had been. How many times he had wished to himself that he would trade all the glory of adventures and titles for a good mug of dwarven ale. Somehow nobody seemed to make anything quite like the drink from his home. How he would love a hot mug of it right now pouring down his throat and warming him up from the inside. Only a few more miles and he would reach the city gates. He must press on. He smiled as he thought of his dwarven brethren all holed up in the city, warmed by the great forge in the center and more than likely feasting on delicious food as often as they could. (You know how dwarves can be) "I love my people" he said aloud. "Thank you for bringing me back to them." This softly spoken thanks to the Gods, the Fates, or whoever he believed in was from the bottom of his heart. In the years he had wandered he had learned to appreciate even more then deep foundations of his people and their culture. More than ever he heart flowed with the desire to protect the weak, to uphold honor and loyalty, and to stand strong with his brothers in arms. Thank the maker he was finally home.......

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would just like to say that if there is any way that I can help out with the server, guilds, etc. I am more than happy. I hope that I will join you all soon!
Welcome to the server!