Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jclarky`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hi!

My name is John Clark is real life. I'm an Australian filmmaker working in Malaysia. My main job is as an editor, which means I am on the computer for hours at a time and it also means I can work from home. The relevance of this? It means that when I feel like a break (and my breaks are generally 2 or 3 hours long) then I pop a game into my xbox or computer and play away! So I suppose I am not the most hardcore gamer and I am not the most hardcore WoW player, even though I have been playing on and off for five years. In fact, I had officially quit last year, but after reading four or five of the Warcraft novels, my childlike fascination with fantasy was reborn and I thought I would try out an RP server. This is not my first MMO (LOTRO, Eve Online, etc), but it is my first time Roleplaying, which I am really looking forward to. I have always wanted to D&D roleplay, but never had anyone to do it with. This server seems like it will fulfill that wish.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Sydney, Australia and English is my primary language. I am now residing in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft through playing tower defence and dota with my friends at internet cafes in WC3. I finally decided to buy WC3 to see what it was all about, as I liked the Diablo series. Once I played through the first level, I knew that this fiction was for me.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'm not joking, I literally just typed 'World of warcraft Roleplay private server' into google and you were the first result. I read up on the requirements for joining and was glad they were pretty restrictive, that only people serious about it could get in.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As I said earlier, this is my first roleplay experience but I can imagine myself enjoying a mixture of everything. Fighting and action might make it a bit hard to roleplay though, with all the quick decisions and so on. But I just want my character to have a deep enough backstory so people are interested and I look forward to losing myself in their backstories. So, in that regard, relaxing tavern roleplay might work for me too.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class is a Human Rogue, mostly because I enjoy how plain and honest the human starting area is (as it was the first one developed). I enjoy the Rogue side of things mostly because I liked to pretend I was an assassin type guy being hired to do all these nefarious things. It whet my appetite for roleplay, I suppose.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server is to find a cool group of characters to explore the world with. I want my character to have relevance in the world, but I also want to be able to enjoy my character's personal development.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule that appeals to me the most is the rule of respect. I think if that rule is followed, then everything else will come out of that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will complete this section later on, as I am going to take some time to come up with the idea.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just a quick question: Are most of the playerbase Horde or Alliance? And where are the main hangouts?
Quote:The rule that appeals to me the most is the rule of respect. I think if that rule is followed, then everything else will come out of that.

Yeah, I noticed that too. xD

Quote:Just a quick question: Are most of the playerbase Horde or Alliance? And where are the main hangouts?

I want to say it's mostly Alliance, and the majority of Horde RP is Blood Elven. But this shifts depending on time of day, what events are going on, etc etc.

Anyway, welcome to the server!
The main hangout is Booty Bay.
Literally, that's where the RP is 95% of the time.
Thanks guys. I was going to roll an Undead Warlock, but now I don't think I will, haha. Alliance time!