Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: If your character retired...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...What would he/she do?

Say their days of adventuring come to an end. It's time to settle down. What would your character most likely do until the end of their days? And this assumes that they really have no choice but to retire. They're too old, too weak, too injured, or just want to retire. There's a plethora of reasons why they would retire. I'm just curious as to what they would do upon coming to the end. Also, just for simplicity's sake, we're going to assume no major cities blow up in the future Just to throw up an example.

Arianna Dawnbreaker: She would most likely sit on the ridiculous sum of gold she's made over the years until the end. She'd support her friends with money if they needed anything, because frankly, she doesn't really have much use for it anymore. If she had a family, she would raise it. She might also take up a position as a teacher to aspiring mages for Silvermoon. Might as well put her training to use, right?

So CotH. What would you characters do if they retired?
I actually have a character who has retired. Awak, for those of you who remember him. He was the Grimtotem slaver who pretty much annihilated everyone he came in contact with. Someone blinded him in an arena match, and it's caused him to become much more peaceful and spiritual. He's currently a hermit in Mulgore with his three pets who hunt for him.
Annabelle - Marry and settle down with about five kids. Open a little chapel in the country.
Marwaz - Chill in the Crater with her mate and kid, swindling people out of their money with her fortune telling.

Edit: Seraphim offered this for Anna's retirement...
"... Anna would be sitting in a rocking chair, waving a cane at her equally decrepit nemesi who are still trying to kill her but they're all in wheelchairs or have walkers."
What would Aiya do if she retired?

I'll just say she'd probably follow in the footsteps of her mentor and teach others like Telah did before her, remembering the Dark Times of Draenor as those remembered the Dark Times of Argus before her. Maybe she'll have married and had kids by then as well.

I'd like to think it involves kick ass sci-fi stuff as well because I wouldn't imagine her to retire for at least another 30 thousand years and I refuse to believe that technology simply stands still between now and then.
Jean will never retire. She will be unable to walk and still throw punches.

Ophice would probably live out her days in Dalaran, boozing herself on wine till she ultimately killed herself...Or if she married and had children, raise and take care of them.
I'm with Cressy on that one. Aroes would never retire, he'd keep adventuring until his spells finally just took their toll and killed him.
Riley would probably be quite content with spending his last days alone on a rocking chair. His hallucinated friends and foes will always be there to keep him company whether he likes it or not. Chances are he'll accidentally set himself on fire before old age ever takes over... that is, if he ever gets resurrected >:(

Randian might spend his last days providing free spiritual counseling to anyone who comes his way. To fight boredom he might take up a safe, non-competitive hobby like knitting, or making jars of jellies and preserves with decorative labels and lids.
Bailey would eventually degenerate into a gollum-esque type character, losing all identity and living only for abusing fel-magic.

Precciousss fel....yesss...
Actually, most of my chars would never retire.

Abby would rather die before she stops fighting. She really would.

Cynder, well. . ."theater" is her life. Without it. she might as well not live at all. She'd still try her best, even if she's old and gray. She'll never stop until death puts her down.

Erizabeth, though. She is actually currently trying to retire, but she finds herself unable to.
Saif would die honorably in battle, and thus have peace.
Jonoth retires and spoils his grandkids with weapons he made over his lifetime, and stories of the great Bloodpaw.

Remyl continues adventuring and dies the way he lived...in bed, an ale in one hand and a whore in his other. His ashes, along with Iskun's who had died before, are spread all over Dun Morogh.

Sasslyn gives up killing people at some point in her life and turns to her gnomish heritage, retiring an opening a repair shop for gadgets.

Yvakara finally returns home to Mulgore, where she mentors the young calves who think of her state of undeath as "cool". She starts the Tyrrus Home for youth who are orphaned by war.

Kerana fights to continue smithing despite her hands growing arthritic with age. When she realizes that she cannot smith any longer, she kills herself by jumping into the Great Forge. Some say they can still hear her worksong...

Bruhara's legs rot to the point that she cannot walk. She is forced to spend her days on a porch in her rocking chair, endlessly arguing and shaking a fist at some old paladin lady across the way...

Dibykali settles down with an orc shaman and starts a family, both teaching their children about the different aspects of the wild. After some time she releases Samsonus into the wild, telling her old friend to live the rest of his life free.

Arjunai, after many years fighting it, becomes fully feral, and eventually regresses to the mind state of a bear. It is in this state that he lives out the rest of his days.

Thalvin becomes a great librarian of magic, and many come to him to discover the rich history of the arcane.

Dunkhaan marries and has four children. He bequeaths each of them one of his totems, reminding them that by themselves they are strong, but together they are unstoppable.
Lessee here...

Sigmund would probably never retire, if he got his way. He'd rather augment himself so bloody much that he's hardly (former) man at all. Either that, or die in the process.

Delurin, upon retiring, would realize that not doing anything, "Feckin' sucks," and would promptly drink for the rest of his (short) life. I'm not kidding. He'd die of alcohol poisoning.

Glocken - Oh lord, Glocken... He'd probably take a nice round-world trip and settle down in a nice little spot of land somewhere, safe from the majority of life's problems.

I'll try to think of some more, but I can't think of my characters for the life of me. XD
If Karin would retire. She'd probably set up a tent on the edge of Terokkar near Shadowmoon. Never to be found again, gathering supplies to live from Terokkar, while hunting Fel in Shadowmoon. Boring :B
Garren- Die of boredum
Lok'magrosh- Settle down to be his sons advisor. ( already retired actually and thats what he is doing)
Kol'nagon- Raise a family with his future wife.
Seidran- Theres no rest for the wicked. XD
Krilari Dawnsend: Provided he dosen't die under the banner of the Argent Crusade, Krilari would probably settle down in his parent's old home in the current ruins of Silvermoon, Set up a small blacksmithing shop to pass the times.

Duron Bloodaxe: He would either live with his mate, Lirshar, untill the end of their days or he would die defending them. Should he survive though hed probably spend a lot of his spare time meditating with the ancestors.

Andra: would open a bakery.

Sareen: She would most likely blow herself up in a freak engineering accident, but should she survive to the end of her days. She would be the 'Crazy old cat lady' except replace cats with mechanical squirrels.
Pages: 1 2 3