Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sophant`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hail all.

I would like to introduce my player first. I am an older person who has worked several decades in the medical field, but have always enjoyed fantasy in all of its forms: books, movies, table-top role playing, and later on-line role playing I am quiet by nature so my characters are frequently meditative and often healers. When I get to know people better, sardonic humor ofter appears.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States. English is my primary language, although I do speak Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My introduction to Warcraft was through my son. I watched him play Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne. Then he asked to play something I had not heard of; and on-line role playing game, World of Warcraft. Initially we played together, since he was young. As he grew older, we started to play separately, and I discovered role playing servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was discouraged by many things on the public servers, and when the terms of service were modified to allow personal information to be sold, I had my account deleted. Most private servers appeared to be full of “1337 speakers” wearing the best gear, and not caring about lore, character or story. When my search turned up a “private RP server” I was intrigued. Reading some of the forums, the wiki, and the rules, I had hope for the first time in a year or more.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite type of role playing is in pairs, although occasional crowd events are also fun. Even just sitting to watch the sun set can make my day.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the Tauren because of their nature and history. They are strong, true, and strive to keep themselves in balance with nature. My favorite class is the druid. Not only is the lore fascinating, but the versatility of the class is impressive. It is a truly malleable class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My hope is that the server will allow some creative and enjoyable downtime, interacting with other characters. I would also enjoy making some new friends along the way.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule about Respect appeals to me the most. It is a single word which encompasses the most important factor to role play and human relations. With respect, people can have fun, interact and learn. Without it, there is much unneeded pain and chaos. And respect means, that for once there are no naked people dancing on the mailbox!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
With an ear flick and a sigh, she carefully stored her employer's recent acquisitions. Cloth folded away with a sprinkling of dried peacebloom; semiprecious stones sorted by color; and metal scraps hauled to the smith to be made anew. Every day seemed much the same. Life flowed on around her. Great changes happened, but not for Firewind.

Picking up the instructions once more, the tauren methodically worked her way down the list. Tail twitching, she supposed she should be content. Despite her family's fears, (and her brother's jears) she had managed to complete her initiation into adulthood and had regular work, and even a kind employer. However...”by the Earthmother, I would like to see more of her land than Thunder Bluff” she grumbled at the inoffensive parchment. Ah, well. Only one more to go today. “Pick up the present at the Engineers in Orgrimmar?”

Straightening, she slung her carryall over her shoulder and trotted to the zeppelin. Looking over the rail, everything faded into its customary blur. Much beyond arms length everything was blurred. She was fortunate to be able the see well enough to trap to complete the ceremonial hunt required of all adult members. Wending her way through the crowd, she reached the engineers. She fended off the “deal” of the day, getting the goblin to hand her the small wrapped box.

Odd. No instructions on the list about what to do with the present. Never mind. Look at the package itself! There was a small scroll and a note attached to the parcel. The note read, “Firewind, open and try on this present and then read the message in the scroll.”

Baffled, the young Tauren untied the string and a pair of goggles dropped into her hand. “You have there a fine pair of Authentic Jr. Engineer Goggles. They will make you look more attractive. Now if you were a real engineer, you would not need such weak goggles but could make some fine ones on your own.” Wincing slightly at the goblin patter, she fumbled the odd contraption over her horns and strapped it in place.

...and she could see the whole shop clearly.

Stepping outside she looked over to the pond and could pick out the people on the pier with ease. The scattered clouds above looked much like the painting she once saw. Amazing!

The crinkling of the scroll brought her attention back. It read, 'You have been the finest assistant I have had the pleasure to work with, however it was like watching a racehorse pull a plow. You need to run free. And it was my privilege to find a way for you to run.'

So, with joy, she started to run.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to the server!
You seem quite well versed and intelligent, it'd be quite a delight if you stuck around. Make sure you drop by the Rules, FAQ and the rest of the wiki! If you have yet to do so, make sure you create a server account by going HERE. Enjoy your stay!