Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: taregan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I work in computer repairs, and various mechanic's work on motorcycles, automobiles and tractors. I enjoy puzzles, challenges, and bicycling. I am currently researching history and law.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America. My primary language is English, though it can often be a bit archaic, due to several of my hobbies.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started World of Warcraft about five years ago, having been invited to quest with a friend. I rmember vividly those first few moments, wandering around on the alliance... before I determined that I was far better off as a Tauren. My druid, and those whom I met with him, were really the impetus that kept me playing.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I had a good friend who was seeking a roleplaying server, and I'd gotten a touch frustrated with playing with the database and firewall settings to allow her computer to pierce my firewall.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My interaction is generally in pairs, or small groups. Storytelling, and weaving of tales both heroic and tragic, twining tales of lore and legend from the mists of the past, and exploring it. A well-turned tale, or simple walk through the woods may turn into an adventure. Each experience a treasure, each memory shared a journey. Songs spun on summer nights or wild-spoken whimsy round winter campfires, each syllable shared is, in its own right, a story worthy of the rememberance.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have become quite partial to the druids of the Tauren. The culture appeals to me at a deep level, a culture of honour and integrity, close to the Earthmother, explorers and wardens, hunters and warriors, their stories took on their own life. The druids, taught by Cenarius the white stag, had their own journies, in the case of my main character, one from rage to balance and preservation.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Simple respect.. to be allowed to be the character whom I am playing, to leave others to that same ability. A lack of harassment, and perhaps the meeting of a few new friends. Embarking on a journey with no pressure to be the best of the best raiders, but more be a person within a world.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I appreciate the requirement for maturity more than ought else. It is possible to make good roleplayers from poor ones, but it is quite another thing to make a responsible, mature person from someone not wishing that state.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sounds of drums echoed softly over the plains of Mulgore. The old tauren's ears turned upward, listening, and inhaling the clean air, which the rains had scrubbed clean of the morning's pollens. The grass whispered along his ankles, as he turned his heavy head to greet the clouds burgeoning overhead.

The rain had always made him feel cleaner, in his heart and head, if not in hide. He drew the power of the Earthmother into him, inhaling deep of her bounty, then his form shifted, his eyes golden, the feathers surrounding him in a warmer cloud.

He brindled his facial feathers, once, his hands stretched for a moment as he inhaled deeply again, a soft hoot escaping his beak. He shook his head a moment, chuckled, and whistled once, his kodo's footsteps sounding as he turned to the beast.

"Easy, my friend." he said. "Easy." his voice low. "I know you don't much like my new trade... but there must be some way to bring these machines into balance." he looked at his belt, at the tools and machines in his pack. "If nothing else, we may make them cleaner... and quieter." he chuckles.

His mind turned to the young lady that morn, sitting by the fishing pond, and her face lighting up at the mechanical squirrel he'd fashioned for her. He chuckled, those moments worth treasuring.

It was another day... and it was time to get to it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope only that the stories I find in this place are worth the telling, and the memories tendered be wrapped in joy.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.