Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: daiuske`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I attend college full time, and have been role playing since I was able to comprehend the idea. I have, for a very long time, been invested in Dungeons & Dragons, but with my most recent disappointment being Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, I have taken up the mantle of WoW in the hopes of finding a role playing community that I can fit into. I am a dedicated player, and work well with others in this fashion.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States of America. (You know, that one country that used to be the leader of the free world?) My primary language is English, but I can speak a moderate level of Spanish, and can remember some Gaelic, too.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It started while I was at a neighbors house a few years ago... I was reading a book that I was borrowing while laying on my neighbors bedroom floor, and while she was playing Warcraft, which was the norm. She was playing Warcraft III at that time, but a few weeks later, I noticed she was playing something else. I asked her what it was. She replied "Warcraft, of course!" and continued to play. I soon discovered that this new game was World of Warcraft, and I watched with eager eyes as she played, deciding then that I had to get into this too. My first WoW account was set up on an old Gateway with a pentium 2 cartridge processor and a two slot motherboard with 512mb of RAM and onboard VGA graphics. I was able to play... But only with the lowest settings imaginable. I loved it. I did abandon it for some time, though, so I have returned once more. On a much more capable machine, I might add. (;P)

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well I played WoWBeez.com a lot recently, and became bored with the community and population in general. They don't offer a role playing realm, and the rest of the realms are filled with super casual gamers that are for the most part anti-RP. With that in mind, I began the search for a new server, and turned up with CotH on a top 100 private server site. Naturally, I desired to make the switch.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Firstly, I enjoy role playing in pairs and small groups. I find that more than 10 players in a group is a recipe for extremely cumbersome and annoying, (as well as frustrating), gameplay. Secondly, I enjoy combat oriented plots, but have no problem with slower and relaxing plotlines either. I really don't an absolute requirement here. My only real requirement is that the people that play with me try to set up some sort of predictable schedule so that we can all role play together. (This has been a problem on other servers)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race/class combination is Night Elf / Hunter. The main reason for this is the Hunter's insane damage capabilities at both range and up close, especially in combination with a pet. Hunters using traps and pets can slow the enemy, fill them full of arrows, and then get in a few hits with dual wielded swords before the enemy can make a chance at striking. It is for the looks, and extreme combat potential, that this combination is my favorite. However, recently I have been looking into other combinations, such as the basic Warrior class in combination with races like Night Elf and Dwarf.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To offer a fair place for role players to gather, set up stories, and play together as role playing was meant to be played. I expect this server to be composed of roleplayers, and not anti-roleplayers that work to destroy the immersion factors of other players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect is by far, the king of all rules on the list. Respect appeals to me in that so long as respect is maintained, immersion can remain strong and character interaction can just be character interaction. So long as players are respectful, role playing can be fun and exciting for everyone, with no hate or bullying or anger between players (OOC) present.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Taken from one of my posts on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gaiaonline.com]www.gaiaonline.com</a><!-- w -->)
Daisuke had slept restlessly from the previous morning upon his arrival at Claret. The process had been swift, and his own decision final. However, Daisuke's own worries for the future and his suffering from the loss of his adopted father, Itaitsu, had set his mind firmly to unease as he took to sleep while the early rays of morning sun tried to force their way through the curtains.

He had woken up to the vision of Itaitsu in his final throes of death, beaten brutally by the vampire Algomak in prague. Algomak was of norwegian descent, and had been physically training for almost a thousand years since he had become a vampire. Itaitsu was no match, for Algomak had moved at such great speed that Itaitsu had no time to react. Before Daisuke could understand what had happened, he fled the scene and never looked back...

Breathing heavily, Daisuke arose from his bed and walked over unsteadily to the window. He opened the curtains just a tad, and a searing line of light practically illuminated the room for Daisuke. He hastily shut the curtain and sighed... He would never get back to sleep now.

To ease his nerves and attempt to pass the time, Daisuke went to the door and picked up the case that lay next to it. He tossed it aimlessly onto his bed, and unclicked all 5 latches with ease. Inside lay an ornate guitar formed nearly a hundred years ago from japanese cherrywood. It was stringed with vinyl, and rang cleanly, carrying for a long distance generally. It was with this guitar that Daisuke began to play his song, a hauntingly beautiful and complicated rendition of Fur Elise. It was as he played that time seemed to pass indefinitely, and his attention was solely focused on the instrument he held in his hands...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just hope to bring something to the table that others can enjoy working with, and to role play with other friendly members of this server in a harmonious fashion. Have fun!
Welcome to the server!