Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ted`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hey, I'm Ed and I've been RPing in games for many years now. My first real RPing experience was with NWN and that really set off my interest in roleplaying.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the UK, so my primary language is English. I also speak a little bit of German, if that's relevant.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing in vanilla after I saw my older brother playing it. At this point I'd never really seen much in the way of MMOs but it looked pretty cool. Due to my experiences with NWN I was a competent RPer and got into WoW RPing pretty well. Not long after I got into Warcraft3 and was often reading up on WoW lore.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
CotH has a reputation of being the best RP private server around, and, after recommendations from one or two people, I decided to check it out. CotH also seems to have a reputation as one of the strictest servers out there. But hey, that's only a bad thing if you're an idiot.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hard to choose. Action has never really been my strong point, but I'm good at tavern RP and general conversation. I enjoy quite serious RP too, without resorting to violence. That sort of RP gets really immersive for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Always been a fan of the Forsaken. The way everything they do, good or bad, is questionable has always appealed to me.
Class-wise I can't decide. Shaman have some pretty nice lore behind them, but I've never really enjoyed RPing as one. I do like Priests and Warlocks.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good, immersive roleplay, primarily. Whatever the form of RP, good is good.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
'Knowing when to quit'. Too often you see people getting into situations they can't get out of because 'that's not the sort of character they're playing'. I tend to find that at least a third of all RP characters are the sort of tough-guys who wouldn't back down from a fight and the player won't back down until they're dead.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
His bony, fleshless finger made a dull scratching tone on the surface of a disrupted, deserted cobblestone road while Torrel scuttled on all fours, upturning every third stone. A more out-of-place stone lay in his sights. Torrel removed the stone from its resting place, glaring at the insects that crawled franticly over each other as their roof was removed. Torrel repeatedly jammed his fist violently in the space, crushing numbers of woodlice and ants. The forsaken was pleased to just be killing anything, no matter its worth. His pleasure, however, merely distracted him from the quietened footsteps on the soft ground approaching from his right. The mild clanking of armour was the only real warning he got due to his left ear drum that had ripped yet again. Torrel turned to see a heavily armoured warrior bearing the symbol of the Scarlet Crusade less than two metres away running for him with a longsword grasped in both hands. The warrior plunged the sword into Torrel's back, easily piercing his sodden rags and snapping three ribs. The knight placed his foot on Torrel, relinquished his sword and brought it back round to Torrel's neck as he attempted to resist his attackers hold on him. The longsword cleaved through Torrel's neck with a crunch. The scarlet warrior's squire approached his mentor standing over Torrel's parted body and brought his torch down to the corpse, setting alight Torrel's dried flesh.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I actually used to play on this server quite a while back. I can't for the life of me remember my account details and I have no real interest in returning to an old character, so I'm happy to reapply.
Welcome to the server!