Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Language Barrier?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still awaiting my "Peonship" (If you'd call it that.) so I'd like to as a few question prior to creating a character profile.

I'm not sure if there's a language barrier on this server (I don't even know if it's possible to remove it on private servers.) so I thought I'd ask if there is one.

I like the idea of some Horde races being able to speak common and vice versa, and so I'd like to create a character that could do so. If it is at all possible to be able to talk to Humans as an Orc could you please let me know. Thanks.

Another question would be: If I was a wanderer, with no given faction, would I be able to freely roam the cities of each faction? (Of course, only where I would be allowed normally. I wouldn't dare enter Darnassus as an Orc)

Any information would be much appreciated, thank you.
Unfortunately there have been only few words whose meaning has been confirmed by Blizzard. They are here:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Orcish

Of course you may try speaking like biz tzaga nog ozu vrag or somethig like that in game but I'm not sure you will achieve the desired effect :)
Common and Orcish are understood by all races. The main reason being is that a majority of races would both know how to speak common and Orcish is very similar to Common anyway (Lore-wise). The races whom have their own languages can speak them without anyone else understanding.

An Alliance race cannot enter a Horde town/city and vise versa, the factions are still there.
Thanks for the information. I've always been very disappointed with the language barrier on retail WoW. As for not being able to enter an enemy city; rather disappointing, but understandable.
Yeah, but, on the bright side, there is plenty of cross-faction RP found in Neutral towns such as Booty Bay (Which we have a portal to for convenience).
Ah, well aslong as I can talk with Alliance folk, I'll be happy. Again, thanks for the info.
Not a problem! Welcome to CotH!