Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hollow Arms {RC}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Resurrect-er: <Spoilered for the purpose of plot.>

Killer: Tavren Black
(Notice: Not that I think it will be a problem, but just going to ask that people try not to use this OOC information ICly.)
Temporary Drawbacks -- 1 week: Relearning to use his arms and legs. Random pains and nausea. Slightly diminished spell power.

Temporary Drawbacks -- 2 weeks: Clumsier, leg/arm lock ups. Weakness to Light.

Permanent Drawbacks -- Furevar: Metallic limbs powered by shadow energy. If Light touches them, the shadow is banished and he must refill them from either himself of the shadow plane. Rare loss of breath and wave of pain through his body.

Limb detail:
Spoiler:
His arms and legs are made of strong steel (I stress JUST strong enough to be akin to a human's arms) with runes literally punched through them, revealing a hollow interior. Shadow flows with a gentle light through the holes. The legs are melted to his flesh just below the groin, and the arms just below the shoulder. They are, being metal, |resistant to pain, poisons, diseases, crippling effects, and flame. And due to the shadow nature of the limbs themselves, shadow does not affect them. However, if the Light touches them, the shadow energy is banished, and thus they become inert until Astus replaces the shadow by either drawing from within himself, or from the Shadow plane.|

A banshee's keen swept throughout the catacombs, and though the voice soon died, it left behind a dull ring in the ears of those nearby. The girl grinned as the elf lived once more.

"Shut up, fool."

The vicious voice hissed in his ear, a lock of her hair resting on his face. As she pulled away. "You know as well as I, that the reason you live is because I still have use for you." She came back, holding something in her arms. She thrust it forwards into his flesh, and he let out another scream. Flames washed over the steel, melting it to the stump that was where his arm had been...removed.

It had been a long time as soon each new limb was attached. The steel was unmoving, even as Astus tried to move it with all his will. She moved forwards, her eyes directly in front of his, the bright green energy coursing through them blocked out his vision, leaving spots of color. He felt a cold sensation within his body, and a crushing wave of shadow energy shoot powerfully through him. A brilliant purple-black light shone from the runes punched in the arms, shedding magnificent shapes on the wall. He felt the strange power giving him ecstasy and energizing him. He forced himself to a sitting position, grunting in pain as the light dimmed as the large burst of power began to fade into those heavy limbs. "That feeling...was amazing. I can't...describe it."
The girl grinned wickedly. "It is power elf, there are no words. You should be thankful."

"I am thankful. I owe you much, <blurred>." He took a deep breath, maneuvering the arms with a struggle.

"It will get easier in time."
"<blurred>, I will stand behind you in whatever task you need of me."
"No elf, it is I who will stand behind you.."
(The arms and legs themselves might be heat resistant.. but if fire hits those things and heat 'em up Astus will get burnt badly at each point of attachment. Burn > Infection > Bad.)
(indeed. It has been considered, as well. :3 )