Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Smith`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am Smith. I've roleplayed in World of Warcraft for (give or take) six years now, and in that time have developed a solid grasp on the lore and roleplaying. I'm not an extrovert, and prefer to keep to myself and enjoy myself where I please as opposed to trying to pull the community spotlight onto me. I value dignity, common sense and just plain respectable behaviour in other players as well as amongst the staff.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from England. It will come as no great surprise that I do, in fact, speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to World of Warcraft by a friend back in 2004, and stepped into a roleplaying server straight off the bat. From meagre beginnings I went on to develop a large interest in the lore and worked my way back along the timeline, playing the various RTS prequels.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Referral via a friend.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of roleplay (except perhaps the more sordid situations) as long as it's immersive and atmospheric and at the very least vaguely within the grounds of Warcraft canon.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm an avid Dwarf (role)player - always have been, probably always will be. I think that the race has great potential for truly epic and immersive characters and roleplay situations and I'm a big fan of the lore / characteristics that belong to the Dwarves. (unless it's the drinking, in which case I constantly try and promote that as something that should be a minor part of a character). As far as classes go, I don't really have a favourite. I've roleplayed just about every class (aside from a druid) and enjoyed most of them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I see it as a place to roleplay amongst (hopefully) competent roleplayers and with any luck enjoy myself away from the reach of imbeciles.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Whilst a lot of the rules seem to be stating the obvious, the obvious often -needs- to be stated. The rules concerning NPC abuse and Humility interest me the most - it really irks me when people treat NPCs as just props rather than other people IC, and another major irk for me is over-inflated egos, which hopefully the Humility rule will negate.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A fairly young and ambitious Tauren, Talahe, born into the Highmountain Tribe, came of age much in the same way any aspiring Brave in his family would - by striding out into the vast frontier of Mulgore, and returning with an item - a symbol, that proved you were ready to become an adult member of the Tribe. The object of Talahe's desire was the head of the infamous and bloodthirsty Centaur Outrunner, Molok Hoofbreaker. Talahe spent two days tracking the Centaur, until at last he caught sight of him, by his cave at the edge of a large canyon, through which a river ran. Anxious to claim his prize and return as a warrior, Talahe wasted no time engaging the Centaur in battle, wielding a ceremonial spear, given to him by his father before he undertook his mission. The battle was long, the brutality of the Centaur gradually wearing away at Talahe's resolve, until an opportunity was presented to him. As the Centaur raised his axe to strike the final blow, he exposed his chest to the exhausted Tauren, presenting the perfect opportunity to strike at him. Drawing upon the last reserves of his strength, Talahe lunged at the Centaur, plunging his spear into his heart and toppling them both off the edge of the canyon, into the flowing waters below..

Talahe awoke some time after wards, amongst a flotilla of driftwood and reeds that had guided him to the shoreline where the river meandered out into the plains. Grateful for his good fortune, Talahe gave many words of thanks to his ancestors, before a sense of dread fell over him. He had looked down into the water, at his reflection, to find that both of his horns, once strong and imposing, had been severed by a neat cut. To add to his horror, his father's ceremonial spear was no where to be seen, and there was no trace of his prize - the Centaur - that he had so struggled to conquer. Overcome with shame, Talahe turned around, and fell to his knees, staring at the ground before him. He found himself staring at a trail of footprints - small, perhaps belonging to a Goblin, or a Human, leading off over the hills. A faint tower of smoke could be made out on the horizon..

Humiliated, and angered, Talahe vowed not to return to his clansmen before his honor (as well as his horns) was returned to him, and his vengeance taken upon what ever stripped him of it in the first place.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to the server!