Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cataclysm and Trinity.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you might (or might not) know, Trinity Core isn't planning on upgrading past 3.3.5a because of multiple problems including but not limited to the opcodes being randomized. However, there is someone who, using Trinity as a start, is working on bringing emulators up to date with the latest patch (4.0.3a at the time of writing).

Of course, there's always a downside to things such as this... In this case, it's that it requires a program (run in the background as far as I know) that forces the client to connect to one socket as opposed to two sockets that retail uses these days. I can imagine this might be enough reason not to use this core but I just thought I'd let you all know that, as expected, progress is being made on the emulation scene.

Link: http://forum.cactusemu.com/
I do believe it is too early to be discussing such things.
I don't think so, I mean, it would be a good idea to at least have a vague idea of whats happening.
No, I think it's too early. Blizzard's still sending out C&Ds for servers that try to even get 4.0 patches if I recall. We don't really want to creep into Cataclysm just yet.
Well, I'm not suggesting we jump into Cata ASAP. For one, this seems to be the only core that's got 4.0 working and they're still working on getting all major bugs out... Not to mention, getting all the new and improved systems up and running.

In short, just thought I'd let you all know that people are finding ways to get this new patch on emulators.