Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jerodan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've played several games over the years but only three have been games that have kept my interest for more than few months. Those being DragonRealms (Text based online RPG), World of Warcraft, and Eve Online. Usually on a Sunday I'm not around as I'm out playing Mutants and Masterminds (D&D style game with Superheroes). So in a nutshell I'm a sucker for Roleplaying and Online Games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States and more specifically the state of Mississippi so I used English with a bit of southern slang thrown in. Though I will attempt to keep the slang to a minimum, it's just a hard habit to break.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was actually at a friend of mine's house and was watching him play and he pretty much begged me to get the game. I thought it was lame and cartoony but as soon I started playing it I became almost instantly addicted.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Roleplay on the Blizzard servers is typically inconsistent at best with a lot of OOC stuff going on in the backdrop. I enjoy Roleplaying and turned to Google to attempt to find a private RP server and you guys seem to put a lot of work into maintaining roleplay on your server so I decided to apply.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Does all of it count? I enjoy sitting around shooting the breeze with the best of them over a drink in the tavern but excitement and danger offer those nerdy adrenaline rushes that I crave. I typically enjoy roleplaying with a few people, if it gets more than five or so it can get a little bit hectic unless you already have a good idea of a few of their characters from past events together. The most appealing thing to me though is quests, and not necessarily the lame quests offered by the quest givers in the game. I like to have goals set for my character, not necessarily by myself so working within a group, order, under someone can be a big bolster to helping grow my character and make him more of a part of the game and less about me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In the past it has been Human Warlocks particularly because Humans used to have the passive perception ability and the warlock with his damage over time effects. Though when it comes to roleplay I have usually roleplayed as a Human Warrior or Human Rogue because I tend to enjoy playing the "normal" person without magical attunement who has simply trained his body to it's fullest. Though, I will most likely try something new on this server!

What are your expectations of this server?:
Consistent Roleplay. I know that is short and sweet but it's just exactly what I am looking for. GM provided events are great and wonderful I suppose and something I look forward to as well but my main expectation is to find a community where I can Roleplay without the worry of immature OOC griefers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the introductions requirement. This rule helps to weed out potentially lethal roleplay killers(Not murders, people who would kill the RP on the server). If it isn't that it's the demand for respect between the players.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
As the tide washed gently across the shore the Human began to regain consciousness, groaning as he felt the blood wash over his forehead. He thought to himself, "How long have I been bleeding, what of the rest of the crew, why did our allies turn upon us?" His head ached as the questions continue to rolled around in his mind. Grasping at his belt to insure that his sword as still there he gave a sigh of relief. He hobbled to feet and began to seek shelter nearby, uncertain of what he would do from here. He walked for miles and found nothing or noone aside from wildlife and vegetation. He limped over to some nearby bushes and began to forage about for some berries and began cramming them into his mouth, he'd not realized until now just how hungry he was. As he ate quickly and without restraint he heard the bushes move. Alarmed he dropped the berries and turned, only to meet with the blade of an Elven Lass pointed right at his neck. This was it, he would surely die now;survived his ship sinking only to die at the hands of their mortal enemies, the Elves. As she took note of his wounds, lack of supplies, and simply gear she lowered her sword and beckoned him to follow. Uncertain of what he should do he slowly stalked her through the forest. As he arrived in the encampment he saw, to his delight, some of his crew. The Elves had aided them in their time of distress and need and a new ideology behind the thought to be vicious race soared into his heart and mind.

I hope this was what you were looking for in a story, if not feel free to PM me more specific requirements and I will attempt to oblige.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'll admit here that I don't have the greatest grasp of Warcraft Lore though this has been something I have been attempting to change though. I'm not too entirely sure what to expect so I'll refrain on questions until I get a chance to get a feel for the world and this specific server as a whole. Thanks for the reviewing.
Hello Jerodan! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy