Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: For the Horde! ... But How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So finally, like I said he would be, Trokmar is going to join The Horde's war effort.

But I notice (And I may just still be new here, so maybe I have yet to see), that the majority of the RP I see is in Booty Bay.

I do see the locations of other players in the /who social box, but my real question is: how often is actual Military RP done here?
Or does a guild have to be made for some Military action?
Perhaps one of those special 'set-aside-zones' from the OOC portal are military? *shrug*

Go easy, I'm still kinda new here, but I want to make sure I get Trokmar some RP once I put things aside over here in RL.
Honestly, there isn't much Military RP. Why?

1. Characters normally die.
- Some players will do anything to keep them from dying.
- OOC Drama normally occurs soon after the killing.

2. The lack of pro-faction characters.
- I have harped about this, there isn't enough characters that are so devoted to their nation's or faction's cause that they will out-right kill anyone who's on the opposite side/race.
- Most don't care for fighting/love everyone and will attempt to stop any sort of conflict from occurring.

3. Most -Military- events are ran by GM's.
- Mostly due to that fact that if you're doing something with any sort of NPC's, a GM has to be there to puppet them/make sure everything runs okay.
- Player guilds and groups fighting other player guilds/groups normally end up in OOC drama and a total mess.

That's about all I can think about on top of my head, I normally try to stay out of Booty Bay as much as I can. I do attempt to RP characters such as Dalar or Krian that will kill pretty much anyone who's race belongs to the Horde or the Alliance, respectively.

That normally ends up and either

A. Getting completely ganged out of other players randomly popping up to join in on the fight.

B. Actually have someone stop the fight.

or C. OOC drama.

So... Yeah. I try when I can, but facts are is that it normally doesn't go on. Good luck in your quest to find some, however! :3