Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kaldorei Mages...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I read somewhere that Night Elves will be able to become mages in Cataclysm. And I'm wondering...isn't that a bit out of keeping with their culture and beliefs?
What with the whole Azshara and the Well of Eternity thing. They did turn their backs on arcane magic after they sunk more than half the landmass of Kalimdor. (Except, of course, for the Highborne that were exiled).
I think it's just an incredibly unwise decision for them to take it up again.
But that's just my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

(And if this topic has already been brought up somewhere and I missed it, my apologies).
The Night Elf Magi are Highborne. Those are the original Kal'dorei Magi that were exiled from their society when arcane was banished, and spent the last 10,000 years studying arcane.

With the coming of Cataclysm, the night elves will be forced to see the Arcane, that once built them a majestic society, as a source of power once more. Thought with caution, they accept back the Highborne under wary eyes, with mostly the idea of using them as war weaponry.
in Cata Night-Elf Magi are the same as Demonhunters, not really welcomed, but useful tools.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Mordent_Evenshade
Read it and be enlightened.
Thank you all for the enlightenment.