Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: farooqftw`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am a half Pakistani and half Cuban, born in South Florida. It's an interesting mix - I know. Currently, I am attending a local college; though I'm not sure what my major will be. When I was younger, I used to play World of Warcraft almost militantly. Get up, grind, raid, grind, craft, PVP, and raid. I was so engrossed in the end-game that I would often miss the colorful details that Blizzard would add. I realized that as I aged, those things didn't seem as important as they were before. Because I would casually play Dungeons and Dragons with my siblings/friends, I thought I would try my hand at RPing in World of Warcraft. When I first started, I was inexperienced and I didn't know exactly what I was doing. I believe my first RP character was a Blood Elf Paladin, (in my inexperience, I strayed from what they –should- be). As I progressed, I began making more believable and interesting characters. Now, I canceled my WoW subscription and began actively looking for a new home.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States. I've lived here all my life and I have never been out of the country. My primary language is English. I do know a little Spanish, though only enough to understand.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It started really when my brother brought it home one day. He was told that WoW was a great game from a friend, and he decided to try it. Back then I wasn't really into MMOs, so WoW was a new and fresh game in my eyes. Well, my brother didn't like it as much as I did, so I was the one spending the most time on the computer. At first I was frustrated; I didn't know any of the controls or features, and the instruction manual was thrown away. So when I started, I was just stumbling around. When I began to get the hang of it… well, let's just say I was fully engrossed.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, I was in an RP rut. On the live servers, no one took their characters seriously. It was always some inter-stellar powerful warrior from the nega-verse, it was never something that actually existed in the WoW universe. Recently a friend from my old retail server told me about COTH. The systems that has been set up and the encouragement of a believable character is what sold me. From what I've read and seen, I am very happy with this server and would love to be a part of it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite kind of RP is usually tribal/ritualistic. On retail servers, I would host RP events for the Troll race. Usually they would involve invoking one of their gods (the Loa). I would use spawnable items and class skills to give a visual representation of the ritual and the importance it had. As a Witch Doctor, I had a lot of fun giving a new experience to players, something I hope to revive on this server. As far as other kinds of RP… I like RPing with a small group of people or sometimes one-on-one. When you're surrounded by a large group of players, sometimes you miss important bits of information.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race hands-down is the troll. My class of choice? Shaman. There is something about getting into their heads that really intrigues me. It is just so different from the mundane human that plays them. How do you get into a savage's head? As a troll, you've practiced dark rites that you know as law. How do you react when an orc slaps you on the hand and tells you to stop? How does a character feel when their very culture is ripped from their hands? Are they embittered, do they look past it and towards the future?

As for Shamans… they are very interesting to play, regardless of class. There is something about being in-tune with nature, so much that your spells could potentially speak to the stones themselves. Do you heal with calming waters? Do you crush with the stone? Do you smite with the flame and wind? All these things make this particular combination so neat to wrap your head around. It is so foreign, and a real challenge to do correctly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want a server that holds themselves to the same standards as I do. Quality and respect for their fellow RPers. I also want a server where my dedication to my character is appreciated and not brushed aside. I believe this server is professional and does things correctly, a standard I can really stand behind. If I am allowed to, of course.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance.
As a person of mixed ethnicities and different social standards, I often find myself berated because of it, even outside of the game. This rule, with its harsh penalties, is much appreciated. Hopefully it will dissuade people to see things in only black and white. I am greatly anticipating playing here – I think that a tolerating player base is a large part of building a strong community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to hold off on the story for a moment. Just so I can dip my feet in the waters of COTH and see how everything operates first-hand. I will go back to it if I want to attain Gruntship.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am a very reliable player. If I am needed at a certain time, you can count on me being there. If anyone likes what they are reading, don't hesitate to add me on your friend's list. That way, you can show me the ropes.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.