Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Telsa`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Shy, yet adventurous, friendly and inviting - four words I would use to describe myself as not only a warcraft player but an individual.
Naturally I tend to allow others to run the show, though, if the opportunity arises, I am not afraid take on the role of a leader.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Curiosity is the sole reason why I began playing Warcraft - from word of mouth I learned of it's amusing qualities and was sold when I found the link to the free trial download. The graphics were without a doubt beautiful to look at, and the world itself was so large that I found myself glued to the computer screen, just wanting to explore.
As soon as I joined my very first guild, my warcraft social life sparked and flamed - I was meeting and gradually building lasting relationships with people from all over the world.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As a creative artist and writer, I have always been drawn to the world of roleplaying. I have tried branching out to other roleplaying servers on World of Warcraft, but none seemed truly committed to the concept. Luckily, I happened to search the internet for recommended roleplaying servers, and the very first link happened to be Conquest of the Horde.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I personally enjoy all types of roleplay - it's the story or stories that I follow and help to create that determine the appropriate type.
Although if I were to pick a favorite it would probably consist of thrilling action - some of the most interesting outcomes take place during these exciting moments and as a dedicated writer and roleplayer, I absolutely look forward to them.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I mainly enjoy the Human race. As a writer I enjoy creating and developing characters that appear normal though take part in fantastical and imaginative worlds.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am strongly hoping for a dedicated, well-rounded and inviting roleplaying community. I am also hoping that there might be a few individuals that are easily recognized by the majority of roleplayers and that rather than just simply creating small, fading stories, these players are actually creating stories that continue to shape and influence their world as a whole.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The age requirement is definitely a plus, though I'm hoping the majority of the community is of older ages - they tend carry much more roleplaying experience on their shoulders.

I also highly favor the plagiarism warning. It's a scary thought that some would actually find it acceptable to steal another's thoughts or word's. With this rule, I as a writer, feel safe.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I understand that it's not required for me to submit a short story, but I would still like to include one to provide you with a better idea of my writing capabilities and style. Thank you.)

THE RED FOREST

They were following her.
She could hear their tormenting remarks in the distance, and if curious enough, a glance behind would reveal a scattered pattern of flaming torches. With her child clutched against her, she ran, forcing her legs to carry them as far away as possible. The wind hissed past - an invisible current that, like the ocean, toyed around with her, guiding her way and that.
Where are you going?
I-I don't know.
They are catching up. What will you do once running is no longer an option?
I will hide.
Where will you hide?
She came to a struggled halt and began analyzing the dark, stagnant environment. Towards a distant left stood a small clearing surrounded by the largest trees of the forest. For reasons she was unsure of, both her mind and body felt drawn in.
There…
. . . .
They had been confined in the rickety carriage since early nightfall - mother and daughter. They were safe, Lady Leon thought while her little Telsa slept; at least they were for now. She had grown tired of the endless pines that dashed by her window, and so she happily took comfort with the moon. As a witness to the evolution of its nature, she studied its gradual expansion and descent from the sky, admiring the way it illuminated their path, revealing every crook and wind as they coursed through the forest.
Occasionally a moving shadow would lure her attention. It was behind the smoky pines she often found them lingering, taunting her with what appeared to be pairs of glowing eyes. They were stalking her, trailing her carriage at a distance, waiting for the absolute moment to attack.
Wolves, she thought while shivering. They must be wolves.
Waves of constant paranoia clashed against her, gradually eroding away her wall of energy; she hadn't slept in days, resulting with blurred eyes and a throbbing headache. Allowing her eyes to close, she focused on the muffled sound of the carriage wheels as they turned through the small rocks and snow. It calmed her, pulled her wandering mind away from the darkness that surrounded them, and within moments she was asleep.

Lady Leon's slumberous expression contorted as a hammering echoed through her ears. It wasn't long until Hewie and Jasper, the master's large, resident German Shepherds, joined in with their alarming howls. Her eyes opened, taking notice of the master himself as he climbed out of bed.
From the top of the stairs with their child cradled in her arms, she watched as he gradually made his way down the dark, endless staircase with a tiny candle in hand. Lady Leon followed his lead, concealing her figure within his shadow.
A short distance ahead towered the grand entrance door; its wood surface glimmering in the elegance of warm, soft candlelight. She watched as the master extended an arm, resting the palm of his hand against the wood's surface, feeling the unnerving vibrations. After a brief moment he reached in his pocket for a rusty key, turned the lock and reached for the door handle. With his face angled closely to the crevice of the door, he creaked it open, squinting out into the crisp, night air.
Before them stood a boy no older than twenty, his figure dressed in tattered rags for a shirt, and pants that appeared to have been painted on with smudges of dirt. His wild, green eyes, which hid behind his tangled, auburn hair, seemed scarred with torment, while his thin torso quickly expanded and shrunk as he struggled to regain his spent energy.
The boy parted his lips to speak, "Sir, the village has been destroyed! You must help us…" Exhaustion lingered on the ends of his words. "Everyone is dead."
The air around them began to churn and howl. The boy lifted his hands and watched as they began to crack and shrivel. He let out a crazed scream just as his body too began to break into pieces and form growing piles of ash on the ground.
"Help me!" He cried as his arms then began to crumble, taking a step forward towards the master who in return took a fearful step backwards.
The boy's figure then completely dissolved, his remains swirling with the howling wind.
The master waited not a moment longer, hurrying past the cloud, his wife's hand locked tightly within his.
From a short distance ahead they could hear the sound of shifting cobble, and a clicking canter; out of the darkness emerged two black stallions and the silhouette of a driver that lead a carriage of the same shade.
While the man guided his wife and child inside the carriage, another cry rang out from behind. Lady Leon shot a glance back in response, discovering that the large manor was now deteriorating in flames. She opened her mouth to let out a third gutting scream, while the coach driver raised his whip and slashed at the monstrous horses, sending them off and away.
Pressing the child close to her chest, the lady glanced fearfully out through the coach window, spotting her husband as he stood there in the distance. She watched as his hand rose for a final goodbye before both he and the cindering mansion he stood before, began to crumble into ash and faded entirely away.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What are some ways for newbies to become more easily accepted and involved with the Conquest of the Horde community?

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

If you want to get better acquainted with some of the members of the conquest of the Horde. I suggest introducing yourself around Gm island (Our OOC Zone) Or just try to catch me ingame and I can show you around!
Thank you for welcoming me into the group! I cannot wait to meet everyone - it's going to be a blast. And thank you for offering to show me around. I just might take you up on that one!

I do have a technical question though... I read the "do not update" post and unfortunately I have already fully updated and upgraded my account to CATA - How exactly should I go about making this work? In the meantime I'll fiddle around with the files and see what I myself can accomplish but a few tips would definitely be appreciated!

Thank you again, so much.