Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Piquedram`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My first encounter with MMORPG's happened back in august 2004 when I played in the open beta of a game called "The Saga of Ryzom", a very open game where I naturally rolled into RP. Having created a female character and actually acting the part. In that game I've gone from hardcore player (averaging 7 hours per day) to casual, in semi- or full RP. Gone through the ranks of guilds, going from member through officer and high officer for a while. Later I immersed myself further and joined the support and event team. RL bad luck drove me away from Ryzom.
I've also some experience playing the warcraft 3 game, upon which I believe the World of Warcraft is based, and thus have a basic understanding of the game world and lore. I will also be reading up on more of the WoW lore over the coming days.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Antwerp, Belgium. Meaning my primary language is dutch, but through school and previous gaming experience and voice chat I have acquired a very good knowledge of english. I'm also proficient in french, but have my doubts that will be useful here ;)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine has been playing WoW since 2005, and has always insisted I give it a try. At first reluctant as I was immersed into a different game of a different setting, I've so far held off and watched from the sidelines. I recently have acquired some more spare time, and wish to plunge into the world of Warcraft, and enjoy a good time.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I have taken a look around the private server lands, and most seem barren, pure PVP servers. The very idea of being killed by a random passerby is not something I like. As in my previous games, I prefer pvp to be consensual, to allow me a choice if I want to risk the penalty of death when I go out fishing...
As stated above, I am naturally prone to RP. This also improves my attraction towards this server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to enjoy a game in all of its facets, but prefer relaxing RP in pairs over the rest. I have however no problems going to battle, and do not lose my temper, shouting OOC when I lose a battle.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I am currently mostly considering a female Night Elf Druid for several reasons.
1. Druid versatility; coming from a classless game, versatility is a big plus for me.
2. The frail but bodies of the night elves, relying heavily upon magical energy, are what I like most.
3. Last but not least, why female? My first steps in the MMO genre were in a female body, which I enjoyed to RP, and which strengthens the frail-but-powerful idea.

What are your expectations of this server?:
An enjoyable and immersive experience, I enjoy the road to power more than the power itself, and will explore the game world to its limits.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity, tolerance, respect, ...
They are all values I cherish and enjoy in my gaming experience, but the rule I like the most is people introducing themselves. Sure it may be arduous to some, but will already weed out most of the (forgive my words) "l33tsp34k OMFGWTFLOLBBQ kids", and makes it an actual accomplishment to even play on this server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to hold this question in reserve, and tell you a story about my character once I have gotten the feel for it and have experienced it ingame.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If there are any further questions about what I said earlier, I will provide further info of course, to the best of my knowledge/ability. Though there are things I must not disclose, for which I ask your understanding.

I hope to be able to join you on this world of warcraft server, and hope to have a great time.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.