Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Getting to 3.3.5a
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT: I'm going to leave the original post intact, in case this link goes down, but for now, this link here, provided by Nostra, has a torrent of a WoW system file patched to 3.3.5a, which is exactly what you need. Just download this, no need to go through all the patching below.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6163279 ... 2812340%29
Grab it while it lasts!

'Lo.
What I have here will hopefully make someone's day, and save quite a bit of time as well.
Patching back down to 3.3.5 is still a problem for a lot of people, I think, and it was for me, too, after Cataclysm borked my system.
So here's the solution I worked out, after a ridiculous amount of trial and error.
Simply use this installer http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/index ... iew&idev=3 (choosing either Mac or PC, as appropriate) to install from WotLK, and then manually patch up with these mirrors http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... ch+mirrors.
Note: DON'T let the launcher patch itself. It'll go straight to 4.0. As soon as the patch file you started finishes, the launcher will open back up and start to download 4.0. Close it out, and use the next Exe. You'll be going up to 3.3.5a, which I believe ends in 12340.
And that's that. It takes a while, but I know, from talking with a few and glancing through the tech support forum, that there are several people that are looking for ways to get back into CotH, and I haven't heard of any other ways.
So here you go.
Enjoy your day.

Alternative installer mirror, should the above one not work, for whatever reason: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JPCH0JD
As I said, before, I'm going to thank you now, as I've had problems ever since I had to reinstall windows and all the stupid Catty patches, and so on!!! I really hope this will work, not sure when I be back.....sometime......
This is how I did it. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Though it did bug out once, I remember. If it says something along the lines of "Patch can't be applied because it is missing data for: "koKR". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (SetLanguage)"-
-Exactly those words, actually-
-Then you'll have to start over. Reinstall. Repatch. Kaput.
It happened to me once about half way through, but aside from that, it works.
With your screwy windows, though, I have no idea.
This way is so freaking great, so far it's working perfectly. If anyone ever needs to get down to 3.3.5a, or reads this, definitely do what JV says here. :)
Is that installer different from the one provided in our downloads section?

(Posted via my phone)
Actually no, it isn't.
Didn't know that one was there before.
Changing the link in the above post; megaupload is a pain anyway.
I think it is if the one in your download's section is older. When I downloaded it, all I had to do was install WotLK, instead of each expanion indivisually. Actually, I just finished and I'm online again. So this method works 100%, as I'm logged on currently. Only took me around 5 hours, but at least this way works 100%.

Edit, Nvm then :)
A little tip that I found useful when doing that exactly. Tho it took me 5 days to actually download everything. T_T

Is don't be connected to the internet while patching or installing. That way even when the launcher pops up it won't have anywhere to get the data from. So you CAN'T accidentally patch too far. ^_^

Tell it to start installing and go get a sandwich, or something. Its tedious but it does seem to make it fool proof.
I followed everything, and I can connect and everything. Although, when I get to where the character screen should be, it says that it can't pull it up because it doesn't have the Cata patch. Help anyone?
Dmitra. If it is telling you it can't do something because you don't have Cata then you probably forgot to change your realmlist back to CotH's. Make sure it is set to..

set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com

If it still doesn't work, Delete your WDB folder that is located within your Cache folder and then delete the config file that is located in your WTF folder. That should fix it.
Like you said. You just made my day! Thank you! These downloads are very fast and are not corrupted. I'm downloading one of the larger ones, 650mb or so, and it's only taking me about 15 mins to download instead of like 3 hours!
Cheers!
A bit of necromancy:
What if you are from Europe? You will get the US version installed then?
This looks like a great server, eager to get started, but still having issues. The WotLK installer gave an error, so I'm going to try repairing, then uninstalling the trial I downloaded from Blizzard and just going straight to the installer linked here.

UPDATE: Once I uninstalled and then followed the instructions, worked perfectly. Thanks so much for this. Now that I know I am on 3.3.5a I'll work on my introduction and such.
I can't find where to put the patches I followed the instructions, I installed WotLK launcher but now I have no where to put the patches in for my World of WArcraft folder, could I get some help before I go berserk?
Once you downloaded the patches, you should just double click on them to execute.

Then they should start updating your WoW. However! Don't let it patch up to 4.0.1! It'll try to do that after every successful patch up.
Pages: 1 2