Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Heeeyyy...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this post goes here. Correct me if it doesn't.

'Officially' de-lurking: I don't think anyone would remember me, but I'm Demo. I played here about two years ago; the last major event I participated in was when the Scourge overran Stormwind and we all fled to Ironforge. I had to quit just prior to Lich King's launch and haven't played WoW since 'cause, well, life and other games called. I'm surprised I still have a forum account here, lol.

I'm considering a return to CotH. I have good memories from last time, of the few I managed to make. But I've got a few questions.

First, I don't own Lich King or Cataclysm. I borrowed them from my brother's computer and copy/pasted them to my desktop via my external HD. In short, I'm using someone else's copy of WoW and its expansions. I was recently informed of an activation code required to log in that wasn't there before. Bummersauce. How is this handled on a private server? Will I still need to buy my own copy of Lich King/Cataclysm in order to play on CotH?

Second, I am a returning roleplayer and still have a forum account. Will I need to submit another introduction and character profile? I intend to play the same character as before, if possible.

Lastly I read the posts warning that we shouldn't update WoW to 4.01? I think my brother's files are all up to date. I'll have to check it out. If it is, is there a way to revert back to a previous patch? I recall there being a way but I can't remember.
Woah, Demonassa! That's a name I've not seen in a damn long time!

Whilst I can't answer the first one, I can hopefully answer the second:

A new introduction may be necessary. However, we are on a different core, so you will have to recreate your account by the following link. http://account.conquestofthehorde.com/login.php. If it tells you to make an introduction, then you can either see if Kretol can make you an account if you PM him, or you'll have to make an introduction.

The way to downpatch is that you have to delete the .patchmpq file, run a repair so it will take you to 3.0.1, and then repatch up to 3.3.5. Unfortunately, I'm not very tech savvy. It'd be worth going through Technical Support.
1st: Probs not. It's a blizz thing.

Then Hawks stuff.
Hey Hawk, I remember you. :)
...:o

/TACKLES TO THE GROUND

Edit: I should probably make this post something of worth..

No, I do not believe you need to remake your introduction. Your character profile will need to be resubmitted and you will have to become a grunt once more before you can get your levels.

If I remember correctly, you have to redownload everything if you patched up to retail 4.0.1 or whatever it is. Atleast that is what I heard people have done.

/shrug.

Good to see you again. It has been forever and a day.
Cressy! I definitely remember you, lol. Good to see you again, too.
Holy. Macaroni.

Demonassa.

The Blood Elven Warlock(or Mage), right?

Talk about a blast from the past.

Welcome back.
Ha ha! Everyone sees my name and thinks I was an elf warlock. I was a human rogue. ;> Though worgen looks oddly tantalizing, too.
Human Rogue who Sprinkles caught...

Well...

You know.
LOL.

Yeah...

Maybe should have properly sedated Sprinkles before... that.
Might have been a good idea...

Especially since Sprinkles saw...And.

She was traumatized...

MISSED YOU. :B
<33

What happened to ol' Alton, anyway?
Oh, he moved...and..Uhm, he came back once but left again. I haven't talked to him in a while, but randomly he calls me or I call him up to see how each other is doing.
Welcome back! I do not know you but it is good to see some old person crawl their way back to CotH! (I'm joking, partially)

You'll soon learn that plenty of stuff has changed. Plus we have new additions to our RP repertoire such as a .scale command which sizes your character between 90% and 110% of the default size and .addrp/.lo rp which are used to gain any clothing item in the game. . . Without stats or level restrictions!

Hope to see you soon ^.^
@Cressy
Schweet. Tell him I said hi, if he even remembers me. Lol.

@BountyHunter
Thank you! Though it seems I won't be on CotH for a long time yet.

I'm on limited bandwidth, and the reversal process of downpatching would suck up too much, I think. I'll have to wait for you guys to come up to 4.01(?).
Pages: 1 2