Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cataclysm Causing Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it seems I'm not allowed to have a WoW file that doesn't automatically turn into Cataclysm, despite having a CotH realmlist and being on Patch 3.3.5a... When I open it up, it still plays the Cataclysm cinematic and has a user agreement and the Cataclysm login screen instead of WotLK. I have no idea why. This is causing me to not be able to play on CotH, and I do not like not being able to play on CotH.

Is there any way to have two coexisting WoW files, one Cataclysm and one WotLK, on the same computer?
You need to manually patch. Google "wow manual patches" and use those to patch up.
Get the CoTH folder out of the Public/Games folder. The launcher will update anything it finds WoW related in the Public/Games folder.
...Give me that advice again, but for a Mac. XD

And Danalthar, I'm all patched up. I have the right patches for what I want on both separate folders. So... I don't know what you mean.
Again, the problem is that my file that is ALREADY ON 3.3.5a thinks it's Cataclysm whenever I try to start it up. I do not need to downpatch, because it's not trying to patch up or anything. It's just giving me a user agreement thing and sending me to a more Cataclysm-esque login screen. And when I log in, it disconnects me immediately before actually logging me in.

I'd really like to get this fixed soon so I can CotH again. >.>
What does the version say on the login screen? Have you tried running Wow.exe from the CotH folder? Since Macs are supposed to be so 'simple,' you may not have an easy time of doing something on your own like having two copies of WoW. I can only suggest Google for now.

(Posted via my phone)
I figured out the issue. This folder was on my computer when I installed Cataclysm, so it installed on both somehow... I just put in another earlier folder from my external hard drive that's on 3.2.2, and I am beginning the manual patching process since Blizzard got rid of the previous easy method of getting around the large patchup to 4.0. Wish me luck finding Mac patches! Or better yet, link some!