Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: There's always something.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I've hit a dead end.

I installed all the games up to Cataclysm. Got the free trial, made the account. Signed on. Hit the character creation screen! Yay!

... EXCEPT. I cannot roll Draenei, Blood Elf, Worgen or Goblin. Basically, I can only roll Vanilla races. It tells me I need the expansions despite there being absolutely no problems when installing them all. All the changes in Cataclysm to the character creation screen are even here.

So, anyone have an idea how to resolve this? I'm the least tech savvy person around.

EDIT: Decided to add a screenshot, spoliered below. Note that the races are greyed out.

Spoiler:
[Image: 24ls9qa.jpg]
Free trials can only use vanilla content.
... Now I feel incredibly silly. I was actually told you could play the new races and such.

At least now I'm not wondering what the hell's going on. Cheers, mate.
Cheers.
Is the account you are playing on upgraded to LK and BC?
Existing accounts that only have up to Wotlk can, however, take a 10 day Cataclysm trial. Worgens and goblins are playable in that, but to do that, you need an existing account that has upgraded to at least wotlk.
Oh? Could you possibly tell me how to upgrade my account, if possible? I tried clicking 'Upgrade to Full Version' which you can see at the top of the screenshot,but that didn't lead me anywhere.

If it's of any importance, I don't have a retail account.

EDIT: Actually, you don't see it. But there is a button at the top of the login/character screen that says "Upgrade to Full Version".
Well, upgrade to full version would mean that you'd need a CD key to WoW. The upgrade from a normal trial is normal, vanilla WoW and the upgrade to that is TBC and so on. So pushing that button would start the steps to get full retail vanilla wow.
You'll need to buy BC and WotlK individually and I am guessing those are going to cost more than the trials you got :v
I have all the WoW CDs. D:

And said CDs we all installed.
Do they have codes on them? B:
On the actual CDs?

On the mirror side, there's "52029523/S0030329 22"

Other side just says "S0030329"

... I feel like SUCH a nub.
In the Cataclysm CE, the code is on a label right above the CD in the box, on Wotlk it was on the Manual. It's almost always on the manual on PC games.