Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Saronite and You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a few questions about the use of saronite and rules implemented for it on our server, as I was once a part of the Heretic Circus, and the great retcon of them using the saronite. So, here are my questions.

1.How long does it take for you to begin to go insane due to Saronite exposure?

2.Is it possible to forge Saronite into a pencil? If so, what would happen to the person doing the forging?

3.How long would it take before Saronite does kill you?

Please and thank you for all of those who answer.
Saronite will push you off the deep end in almost no time at all. Technically you could make a quill/pen/etc. out of it; the person to make it would likely go pretty mad, I should think. As for the death...a month? Perhaps more. I'm unsure.
Honestly I think this servers handling of saronite is bad. It seems that saronite only has its maddening effects when Yogg-Saron is still alive (on Azeroth), after the Ulduar patch was implemented players started to be able to wear saronite armor, and rumor has it Orgrimmar is reinforced with saronite in Cataclysm.

People say death knights can wear it because they are undead, but not all death knights are undead, a good amount of them are living.
Saronite items were wearable from WotLK release.
Funny, that. Your generic OOC character is supremely OP. OP characters can wear Saronite I suppose.
AM180 Wrote:Honestly I think this servers handling of saronite is bad. It seems that saronite only has its maddening effects when Yogg-Saron is still alive (on Azeroth), after the Ulduar patch was implemented players started to be able to wear saronite armor, and rumor has it Orgrimmar is reinforced with saronite in Cataclysm.

People say death knights can wear it because they are undead, but not all death knights are undead, a good amount of them are living.

Don't forget that Saronite can be purified. And I read when the Cataclysm changes were announced that Orgrimmar actually is reinforced by Dark iron, but I dunno. Anyways, like I said. Saronite can be purified and after that holds no negative effects, although it's not a task everyone can do. Oh, and saronite effects no Death Knights. Blizz themselves confirmed that Knights of the Ebon Blade are not affected in any way.
Death Knights in WoW are all unanimously assumed to be Undead anyways.

I also regard any Ebons with a pulse dubiously.
Orgrimmar is reinforced with Dark Iron.

I read somewhere that Saronite doesn't actually kill you. It make's you insane to the point of killing yourself. Hence I based my saronite-related RP around that fact. Nobody is immune to it's effects, apart from mindless Undead. That means Death Knights are susceptible to it's maddening effects, and it probably helped keep them in the Lich King's control. Without full concentration, due to the madness and whispers of Yogg-Saron, they would not be able to effectively break free until event's that broke Arthas' own concentration. I always presumed that the Undead WITH minds would have a greater amount of presence of mind, due to them having already lived a life and learning from that, and what they learned through death, making the effects of Saronite slightly lesser on the freed Death Knight [Knights of the Ebon Blade] community. I dunno, just my input here.
Ben Wrote:Orgrimmar is reinforced with Dark Iron.

I read somewhere that Saronite doesn't actually kill you. It make's you insane to the point of killing yourself. Hence I based my saronite-related RP around that fact. Nobody is immune to it's effects, apart from mindless Undead. That means Death Knights are susceptible to it's maddening effects, and it probably helped keep them in the Lich King's control. Without full concentration, due to the madness and whispers of Yogg-Saron, they would not be able to effectively break free until event's that broke Arthas' own concentration. I always presumed that the Undead WITH minds would have a greater amount of presence of mind, due to them having already lived a life and learning from that, and what they learned through death, making the effects of Saronite slightly lesser on the freed Death Knight [Knights of the Ebon Blade] community. I dunno, just my input here.

You are absolutely correct with the "Saronite doesn't kill, it makes you kill yourself part." Saronite makes people insane to the degree that they "Give their life to the master" by killing themselves. However, -no- Knights of the Ebon Blade suffers -any- effects from Saronite at all. It's used by Death Knights because it's extremely durable against physical and magical attacks and actually bounces light spells right back at their casters. Arthas decided to use Saronite for these qualities and the fact that his minions had no risk in succumbing to it's effects.
Bah sorry my mistake then.

In that case I guess I was wrong all along.
Roxxas, I didn't know the last part. So, would all Undead be immune?

To link back to the beginning, if a letter was written with a Saronite pencil, would the mortal who receives the letter become insane if you coloured in the edges. So that when they unfolded it they touched the Saronite, that is.

I think you could make such an implement safely. Always using gloves and avoiding physical contact would prevent ill effects, would they not? I think arrows/bullets would be a brilliant use. Even if the blow isn't fatal, you make the foe insane, and finish them off later. Perfect.
It takes extended contact, Saronite isn't a "one-touch, one-madman" kind of deal.

In addition, you don't have to touch it. Its proximity is enough to have an effect on you.
LostStranger Wrote:In addition, you don't have to touch it. Its proximity is enough to have an effect on you.

Yes, this was one of the things I was told. Whether you actually come into contact with it directly doesn't matter if you are 'around' it often. So, handling saronite, even with gloves, would still eventually drive you crazy. One of the many reasons for

Spiralin Wrote:Heretic Circus, and the great retcon of them using the saronite.

I believe its that any real constant handling of the substance is supposed to lead to craziness (with the exception of undead/DKs). I don't know anything about purified saronite though so I suppose that could be a different matter entirely.
AM180 Wrote:People say death knights can wear it because they are undead, but not all death knights are undead, a good amount of them are living.

It is worth pointing out there that, regarding the Death Knights and their state of dead or alive, almost all of the player Death Knightss are probably dead. If your a living Death Knight, it means you would have had to join the Lich King willingly, and from there would likely be degrading into a state of undeath.

Basically being a living DK means having joined the scourge on free will. This means your character was a traitor to the Horde/Alliance, and from there, why would those Death Knights have sided with the Ebon Blade when they could have gone with Orbaz Bloodbane, who was an Acherus Death Knight who escaped the battle of Lights Hope to continue serving the Scourge?
We have several approved living DKs on the server...
Pages: 1 2