Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DekanX`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Good day, I am Gosimer Dekan, I've been playing RP Games (Dungeons & Dragons, GURPS, BESM D20, Mutants & Masterminds) for quite some time and enjoy the individuality that role-playing allows a person to breath into a character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States, my primary language is English, but I can speak / read a bit of Korean, Spanish (Spain), and Romanian (Czech dialect).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced through a friend as I was playing Final Fantasy Online and City of Heroes / Villains about 6 years ago.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I quit the Blizzard WoW about 6 months ago due to player differences found on most of the RP (more like Normal Servers Part II) as the other players thought that asking for toons to strip for gold...

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy diving into a character. My favorite is Gosimer (Human Paladin) that use to be part of the Scarlet Brotherhood and defected...in this action, they took his voice. He must pray for casting his buffs and does any of his talking (very little) through notes in the dirt.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Paladins have always been my favored class, through Dungeons & Dragons and into World of Warcraft. Race is but a side note, I tend to adapt to many character races quickly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hopefully, some true RP...not the usual 10 year old kid named Urmomspimp telling everyone that he will give 10 gold for a chick to get naked.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Role-Playing aspect...the rest I already do out of common courtesy to the other players. I am looking for an active RP Community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Gosimer, a Scarlet Brotherhood Initiate, was sworn into the ranks and service of the blatant, blind, path of the crusaders. After seeing that the Brotherhood only wanted to further themselves and not the true intention of the Light, he defected. Outraged, a few gave chase to his flight from a life filled with corrupted devotion and indentured servitude to masters of wicked hearts. Luck was not on his side as they took him down and took something that he could not replace...as death is a release in the Brotherhood, they took his voice and dumped him on a Scarlet Flagship with others who did not make the ranks...as they were to be transferred to the Undermarket as a slaves. Luck was with him finally, as the ship was attacked by Theramore Pirates, giving him and a few others a choice: Swim and hope that they can make it to shore or Stand staunch and accept suicide. Gosimer chose to swim. He didn't quite make it...but his body washed ashore where he was taken in by the guards to recover. Two weeks later, his energy had returned and as thanks, he sought out the Church of Light in Stormwind City for priesthood...they declined as they saw raw potential to become more useful to be a warrior of faith, a bringer of justice, and after the trials, made more difficult for the absence of a voice, he passed into Paladinship. Now, he seeks to spread the word of the Light and to obliterate the ones who use the Light as shackles...be it the witty Blood Elves or the demented Scarlet Brotherhood.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thank you for allowing me the chance to break free from the real world and get into the game.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.
Greatly appreciate the chance to join you all in a real RP server.
First character will be a Human Paladin named Gosimer, please be patient with this character as he is a mute, but a very friendly individual. Be mindful for any Blood Elf Paladins are kill on sight (even if overpowering him) because of their perverting and bending the Light to their will. Any Scarlet Monestary Instance will rack him with fear and bad memories...but he has expansive knowledge on the area, being a previous initiate of the Scarlet Brotherhood.
Racism is always good, but they get light the old school way since the end of TBC. The Scarlet Monastery thing might be.. touchy.
Good information to know Danalthar. But, at one point of their existence, did they twist the Light to do their whim? If the answer is yes, Gosimer cannot forget that attrocity being a true follower of the Light. What is the touchy part of the Scarlet Monastary? Just trying to create a better RP element and back story.
The answer to your first question is yes. They stole the Naaru named Mu'ru and trapped him beneath the city, draining him of power so that they may use the light. He has since been kidnapped and killed though. They now get the Light the good ole' fashioned way.

To my knowledge you aren't allowed to play Scarlet Crusaders, even if an initiate. But that information could be outdated so don't hold your breath on it. Then again, it is just an intro story so I don't think it really matters.

In any event, Welcome to CotH!
What Kaelvan said, but the old scarlet crusaders may be touchy as the Scarlets believed the rest of the world was plagued, so you'll have to have a good reason for him to basically sign his death letter, in their eyes.
Trying here...so, out the hatred for the Blood Elves and no more defection from the Scarlet Brotherhood (so, no more mute). Man, picked apart the backstory for this one and got rid of the better role-play element. I'll head back to the drawing board and come back with something a little more solid.
If you ever need help, PM me.
You can have the hatred for Blood Elves. I've seen other characters accuse my priest of 'stealing the light', I see no reason you couldn't have that. As for defection, I would think it's possible, but you need a good explanation. He can't just decide to walk out.

Anyways. You might want to throw up a profile in the workshop. Welcome to CoTH.
He didn't just decide one day that it wasn't the right path. He saw how they were more devoted to furthering their expansive rule rather than spreading the true vision and message of the Light. It wasn't a decision that he just gave up, he wanted to spread the word the the Light as it was meant to help people...not enslave and crush others under its weight.
Well, the problem is, they see everybody else as dead. So, in the eyes of the Scarlets, they are spreading the word of the Light.
You're going a bit off topic here, fella's. I suggest if you wish to discuss the story presented further, you take it to PM's or post the character profile in the Workshop instead of flooding your intro thread.