Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gwyndion`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First off, I suppose I'll say I've never played on a private server. The most that I've ever done on any non retail version of a game was/is Ultima Online's Defiance shard. Thus, I'm a bit unsure, but also extremely excited to have found a server where RP is such a big deal. My whole reason for playing World of Warcraft is FOR RP. I have never been the best gamer, but I've always been a writer and avid reader. I can enjoy anything if it's put in story form; which is how my friend sold me on WoW in the first place. I am unable to create characters without thinking of a backstory for them and simply because I enjoy the Warcraft Lore, I nearly achieved Loremaster in four months on a Death Knight. I am constantly open to learning about any aspect of Azeroth and its universes and truly have a passion for it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Houston, Texas in the United States. Sure, we might have accents, but we use the same English as y'all~ XD

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My best friend, also an avid RPer and my current Guild Master, began talking about the game about a year and a half ago. I was fairly apathetic, if not openly hostile, as I was and am an admittedly terrible gamer. I was also interested in a specific series of Japanese RPGs at the time and was RPing within that fandom primarily. But, knowing me well, she gave me a link to the basic time-line on Blizzard's site, then tossed me the Arthas novel, and I was hooked. Since then I've absorbed everything I could about the fandom and continue to do so.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
After seeing multiple Dragonspawn (by way of MRP) in Silvermoon and being plagued by a constantly Lore-breaking guild member, I finally broke and went searching for an elusive 'serious RP server'.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am pretty much up for anything! Though I do not enjoy writing out fight scenes, and make characters accordingly, its not something I won't do. I'm a slow writer, so sometimes crowds or multiples people posting can be problematic, but again, as long as I'm rping, I'm having fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Oh jeese. This will be a long answer. XD …I love them all. They're all so interesting. I'm partial to the Horde. I'm fascinated by the Orc's shamanistic, peaceful history and the subsequent betrayal and fall by one of their own, only to have someone like Thrall unite them again. I adore the Blood Elves as well as High Elves, their exile as Highborne and prosperity through peace and multiple wars, then the destruction of the Sunwell and the Sin'dorei's perseverance after, even with the majority of their race gone and a dependence on magic. The Tauren are also a favorite because of their peaceful natures and gentle power. Dwarves I really like because of their penchant for exploration. Night Elves' relationship with Elune is what I enjoy from them; the War of the Ancients Trilogy was fantastic, even if Richard Knaak is an Alliance. XD I also have a specific interest in the dragons of Azeroth, the Red Dragonflight and the Life-Binder more so than any of the others, but I enjoy them all. As far as classes, my favorites are Paladins and Death Knights. The Light is a representation of great faith and discipline, and I love that. A Paladin is a protector, healer and righteous warrior who also leans on their faith and love for the Light. I love all of the dynamics involved with them. My main character is a Death Knight who adored and was devoted to the Light, and now is completely sickened and wracked with pain if he comes near it. Such things along with being dead, killing innocent people at the behest of a voice one can not fight, and multiple other things lead to very, very interesting people. I could go on, but I'll let it rest there~ XD

What are your expectations of this server?:
Nothing more and nothing less than what I have been lead to believe from your rules and website. I want informed, well written rp. I expect other players to know what they would and should if their characters had lived in Azeroth. But, I also want to be taught by those who know more than me.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them! Mainly the role-playing rule; people need to have a basic knowledge of Azeroth's history. Closely second is keyboard skills. Thank the Light for capitalized words, punctuation and spelling.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[The wind blew through his long, thick, rust colored hair, tossing the coarse waves over his muddy skin and catching in his already impressive tusks. Morgru'kaz watched the breeze roll through green grass and rustle trees, creating a peaceful melody that could make him smile even on his worst day. His light brown eyes were tinted nearly gold in the sunlight, and yet even as he felt the presence of the elements close to him- inside of him- the Ancestors evaded his vision.

He lifted a hand to the sun, yet even in its warmth he couldn't deny the slightest tint of green to that formerly deep brown skin.]

A loud, hacking cough awoke him from his restless sleep. Blinking helped him see nothing, but this didn't frighten him. He was used to the sightlessness, every possible sense of it. But it was the silvery mist, slithering through the camp like some apathetic plague that caused his blindness this time. It was a dull, gray early morning as usual. The fog made everything around him almost surreal, as if he'd simply changed dreamscapes. If only he could force himself into believing such a thing- that this was another nightmare. The cough he'd heard came from one older than even himself, but he couldn't find the energy to move to her. Morgru'kaz Stormsoul felt his eyes slowly shutting once more, the mist aiding his descent into a place where his skin never had changed color and his blood only sang for the hunt. Back to where he need not forgive himself for giving in to a lethargy that did not even claim him, but was still sapping his hope.

The sound of metal clashing woke him this time. He lifted his head, white hair nearly its former younger color with the amount of muck in it, his skin a deep emerald. Morg stood and strained to see what was happening. He felt the trembling of the earth and his aged but strong fists tightened on the bars of his cage. Sharp eyes stared, trying to glean the source of the sudden sounds and power. Then the bars moved, and the cage shuddered and broke. The elderly orc looked around wildly, and suddenly grasped the situation as he saw the large forms waging in battle against his smaller captors. And as he noted one in particular, an odd feeling took over his face, and he realized with a loud, thunderous laugh that he was smiling. He glanced a fallen human and relieved him of the weapon and shield he had no more use of. The elements would not respond to him, as expected, and the thought of using any demonic arts made his skin crawl. But he felt his arms working, and the mace crushing the small, fragile bones of the humans, and his blood danced. The mist was barely present now, and the figure that had given the old shaman the small flame of hope to spark his soul, stood proud in black armor. A hammer spelling doom for those who had taken advantage of his people's weaknesses.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I actually have quite a few questions and I'm so happy you guys put this here. I was worried. 1) Can I play this server and retail WoW at the same time? Not necessarily in unison, but say log into Conquest of the Horde for an hour, then get on my retail server after that? 2) The open cross-faction communication is awesome! What about pvp? The way dueling was mentioned, it sounded like mechanics almost don't even work. 3) Should my first character be ic-ly someone who's an apprentice/grunt? Subsequently…4) How many characters can you have on here? The normal ten, or less?

I think that's it! Thanks for spending the time to look me over!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

To answer your questions:

1) Unfortunately you can not. Conquest of the Horde is still on patch 3.3.5a, while retail is in Cataclysm.

2) Dueling works just fine!

3) That is completely up to you!

4) You can ahve ten, and once your account fills you can send a PM to Kretol requesting a second account!
Actually, a GM said not to PM. You want to create a ticket and wait. Also, you cannot have a second account until you are a grunt.
Krilari Wrote:Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

To answer your questions:

1) Unfortunately you can not. Conquest of the Horde is still on patch 3.3.5a, while retail is in Cataclysm. ...

Thank you! I'm glad to be here. I checked out everything before applying, but I'll look it over again~ ^-^ Thanks for answering those questions! The only one I have further query with is the first. I read that some people copied the folders and what not to be able to play both, or did I just make the wrong assumption about what that meant? Also, I've been playing retail constantly, which means I'm all patched up XD Does this mean I can't play with y'all until this server hits Cata? ; ;

Danalthar Wrote:Actually, a GM said not to PM. You want to create a ticket and wait. Also, you cannot have a second account until you are a grunt.

Ah, will do. I won't be needing a second account for a very long time, if ever. I get into the characters I have~ Thank you ^ ^