Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: BKSnitch`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm Snitch, simply put, the 'BK' part of my username being a sort of tag that I float around with. I'm generally a nice guy, although have been known to lose my temper occasionally and that doesn't normally end well. I'm quite a heavy gamer, playing things like League of Legends and WoW whilst still having time for things like Minecraft. I'm not necessarily into a certain genre when it comes to games, but fantasy is always something I have liked. I'm somewhat of an author, starting but never finishing my own attempted books, but short stories I can generally pull off (no need for year-long writing, I suppose!). As for my general personality, I'm quite laid back and not necessarily determined to do anything as of now, and I have a knack for not finishing things I start (like attempted books). I enjoy the roleplay aspect of WoW, as although text RP is fine with me too, the ability to have a visual adds a whole new level to actually being involved in roleplay and makes it more enjoyable.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and live in the United Kingdom, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Three or four years ago, at Christmas time, adverts for the game were popping up all over the place and I honestly couldn't help myself. Being thrown into a fantasy world with the ability to create a character of many races and enjoy the hell out of yourself? How could I resist, quite honestly?

As for how I got into roleplay is another story entirely, and actually began on forums where I would text RP with others. Once I began my adventures into private servers on WoW, I discovered the RP ones were actually a very large step up from the weak, almost annoying RP found on Blizzard's servers, and I much prefer it here with people who are actually committed to roleplaying well.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I've known of CotH for a while, but found my place in other RP servers. However, finally I'm finding myself being dragged to here as other servers begin to close, and I hope I can fit in here as well as I have done elsewhere!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I wouldn't really say I have a specific type I enjoy. While I do enjoy just chatting, getting to know other characters and overall relaxing, I also enjoy adventuring through Outland to chase down Illidan or fighting through Northrend to do the Lich King's tyrannical deeds. Overall I'd say I enjoy group roleplay more than one-on-one, as more people means more minds placing their parts into the storyline, which can make for a much better and more entertaining roleplay than just two people bouncing back and forth.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I don't have a favourite race, but class would easily be Hunter. I've always been a fan of the large cat family; tigers and leopards are amazing creatures, both graceful and feral. Whenever I play a Hunter, which I do a lot, I always have a tiger or panther by my side fighting with me. The aspect of ranged combat over melee combat is also a favourite of mine, as I'd much rather fire a carefully placed arrow into my opponent's skull than whack them with a blunt object repeatedly.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I've heard many good things about it, so I expect it to live up to a high roleplay standard, especially compared to Blizzard's servers. I hope the community here lets me fit in and enjoy the server easily, generally having run roleplaying with others in a fun, kind environment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills. A very high annoyance of mine is people who can, but won't take the time to capitalize the start of their sentences, or even the letter 'I'. Very, very annoying.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
His eyes flickered open.

It was dark. That was all he thought at the time, as his quite literally dead eyes tried to shape out his surroundings. His arms were strapped to his sides, as were his ankles; he was immobile, for the most part. Everything was silent, except for the comforting, warm sense of a torch flickering. He opened his mouth to breath, and felt he didn't need to.

Slowly, the inside of the box became revealed to him as his eyes adjusted. His arms were bound by leather straps, yet they weren't tight, and he managed to slip through. Raising his hands upwards, his palms pressed onto a cold, wooden surface. Bringing up his strength, he pushed.

The coffin clattered open.

He let an arm casually dangle over the side as light erupted into his mind. He closed his eyes angrily, regained his senses and then slowly let his eyelids crack open. The first thing he caught sight of were his wrists - worn down, the flesh peeled away horribly, white-yellow pockets of bone showing. He grimanced, checking his other wrist. It was in a similar condition.

He was dressed in robes too big for him, he noticed, and glancing at his ankles he noticed they too were worn away. He guessed he had been in the coffin for a while, as it was clear that the leather straps themselves had slowly peeled his decaying flesh from his... his 'corpse', he supposed.

But the thing that scared him the most was the large stab wound through both the front and back of his robes, and his stomach.

His hands were shaking. Slowly he clambered out of the box, walking shakily. His limbs didn't ache as they should, his muscles weren't stiff from being in the same position for god knows how long and, better yet, he still wasn't inhaling and exhaling perhaps as he should be.

As he pushed open the large, bulky wooden doors of the morgue, he glanced back at the sole grave that had been his own, and saw but one inscription: "Here lies Rogir Sitrom."

As he stepped out into the night, he abandoned that name almost immediately; no longer was he simply Rogir, but now... something more.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing I can think of! Thanks for taking the time to read this, all the same!
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.