Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Questions From A New Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there! I'm new here on CoTH, actually haven't gotten my intro approved yet, but I'm already pondering characters and such, and I had a couple questions that I'd like to ask. First off, my "main" is most likely going to be a Paladin. At the moment, I'm leaning toward making him Draenei, and I was wondering if it was considered alright to RP a Vindicator. Next up... Where will I receive notification assuming my Intro gets approved or denied? I keep checking the Intro forum to see if it's approved, but I don't think it'd go in there if I was denied. Also, how often do those usually get reviewed? It looks like someone went through on the 29th, right before I submitted my own application, and I'm hoping it's not going to be another week before mine is gotten to. Last but not least, am I entitled from Level 1 to use the .addrpitem command for any armor I want? If I'm a Paladin at level 10, can I still use Plate armor?

A big pre-emptive thank you to anyone who offers an answer, and I can't wait to get online and start RPing with you guys.

EDIT: I answered my own question pertaining to how long it'll take to get to the next round of introductions. Looks like two or three days, so long as the holidays don't get in the way.
Easiest way to do this will be to break it up into parts so here goes nothing..

Quote:Hi there! I'm new here on CoTH, actually haven't gotten my intro approved yet, but I'm already pondering characters and such,
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde! It's nice to see new faces popping in all the time. I'd suggest that you hold off on getting dead set on any form of character here until your introduction is reviewed. Wouldn't want you to get let down or anything of the sort.

Quote:First off, my "main" is most likely going to be a Paladin. At the moment, I'm leaning toward making him Draenei, and I was wondering if it was considered alright to RP a Vindicator.
Paladins are always fun. Unfortunately you will not be able to start out as a Vindicator as that is a Prestige Class and you cannot simply start out as a Prestige Class. In a few months time when and if you become a grunt, you will be able to apply and begin developing your character into a prestige class. So if you decide to stick around here long enough, you'll eventually be able to become one!

Quote:Next up... Where will I receive notification assuming my Intro gets approved or denied? I keep checking the Intro forum to see if it's approved, but I don't think it'd go in there if I was denied.
I can't be 100% sure on this but I can say with certainty that if your intro is approved, you'll know. When your introduction is reviewed and approved your name will magically become blue and you'll have access to a few more forums, I believe. You might even get notified via PM's! Don't take my word for it though, I'm not quite sure how intro's work these days.

Quote:Also, how often do those usually get reviewed?
There is no set in stone answer for this, I'm afraid. Sometimes it takes a matter of hours, other times it takes days. Just hold in there, I can assure you that every introduction gets reviewed at one point or another.

Short answer would be a couple days at max.

Quote:Last but not least, am I entitled from Level 1 to use the .addrpitem command for any armor I want? If I'm a Paladin at level 10, can I still use Plate armor?
Indeed you are! Every player is entitled to use the .addrpitem command. Take into account that some items aren't available for the command, mostly the legendaries!

As for the second part of the question. The class abilities are handled the same way as retail, essentially. You will have to get to level 10 to get the ability to wear plate. Then again I could be misinformed..

Anywho, I hope that helps!
1) Yes, you can play Vindicators. They aren't a Prestige any more, I don't think.
2) You'll get an email giving you your answer on the email you signed up with.
3) When the GMs have time.
4) Yes. Example: Say you make a Level 1 paladin. First, you would have to level him to 20 to learn how to use plate. Then, you get the item you want. Say, it's ID is 12345. You would have to do 12345 + 200000. Then, take that number (212345) and put .addrpitem in front of it, so .addrpitem 212345 and you'd get your item!

Now, you can get the ID two different ways. 1, you can do .lo rp <item name> which gives you the full ID (212345). Or, you can go to WoWHead. So you'd look up the items name, then go to it's URL, which would be something like "wowhead.com/12345". Take the numbers at the end and add 200000 to it, then vwala!

Have fun on the server!
Plate is at level 20. Everything else has been answered for you. Feels like I forgot something. . .Oh right. Hello, and welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. eeeerrrr. . .I mean coth.
...And, of course, a new question. Do portals conserve momentum in the Warcraft universe? Oh, and is a Gnome with a portal gun going to be shot down as a character idea?

EDIT: Also, Vindicators aren't indicated as a Prestige Class on the wiki, so I'm going to guess they're not restricted. Especially as they're just a subclass of Paladins.
Portal Gun?
Yes. Not a chance. Multi classing.
Contrary to Danalthar's post, I think that would be something plausible for a Techno-Mage but it might still be frowned upon.

A nifty idea though!
I only ask because portals already obviously do exist, they just require a set location for the receiving pad. I honestly think that some sort of 'deployable teleport' wouldn't be too far off. I'm already planning a gnome/Blood Elf gadgets/tech character to mess around with some, perhaps I'll run the idea out again and talk to some folks at some point once he's reached a significant enough level of mastery. Though I dunno what exactly I was planning for him... WE SHALL SEE.
Keep in mind engineering teleports are well known to backfire.
Goarn Wrote:Keep in mind engineering teleports are well known to backfire.

That's what makes it fun. ALL Engineering items have a tendency to blow up in your face. Let's just say my Gnome is going to be rather accident-prone, even moreso than most Engineers.
Also, if you're talking about wormholes, then Wormholes scatter people around. So, if you wormholed to Stormwind, you'd have one in the Dwarven District, the Park, etc.
Not to mention the instability of the portals >.< If you're savvy on how it will barely work, I think it could be pretty fun watching him blow himself up.
I can see it already. Gnome Transportation Engineer, works on trams, mechanostriders, airships, etc... Gets a terrible, wonderful idea one day. Portals. They'll revolutionize the way we get from one place to another! Even transport goods! Who needs magic when you've got a little bit of tech and a handful of ingenuity.
Heh, if that's the case then maybe him and my Blood Elven Engineer could help each other. He's planning on making a personalized teleportation suit for himself.
I'm still not sure if my Engineer will be Blood Elf or Gnome. I'm weighing the decision of playing a Gnome vs. being able to use a Hunter. And, you know, guns. And having a Horde side character, as my other planned alts are all Alliance at this point. (Draenei/Human Pally and Draenei Death Knight.) If he's BElf, they should at the very least meet up and talk. If he's a Gnome, well... dunno so much about that one.

EDIT: Hey, I'm blue! Time to go roll up some characters! :D
Pages: 1 2