Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Category 1 Prestiges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since these are all just titles, and don't have much of an effect on our characters class, are they still available to take?
Nope. When the system was closed down, that meant all three tiers. Rather unfortunate, but hey. It happens.
Well, you can be one. You just don't get bonuses.

Really, the Category 1s were never really prestige classes.
I remember Grak saying you can take the category 1 prestiges if they are a variant of another class.

For example tinker is a base class and sapper is a variant prestige class on tinker. Same goes with buccaneer, ace, and so on.
Wuvvums Wrote:I remember Grak saying you can take the category 1 prestiges if they are a variant of another class.

For example tinker is a base class and sapper is a variant prestige class on tinker. Same goes with buccaneer, ace, and so on.

Would Argent Dawn Templar be in that group?
Likely as it seems to be a variant of a Paladin.
I'm inclined to say that it wouldn't be; I believe they are just an alternate title similar to Vindicator. Then again I don't know much on the Argent Crusade ranks, so Bubbles would likely be better to ask.

Looking over the Wowwiki article it seems to just be a title and a leaning towards offensive light for a paladin.
I'd say you should be careful, the system is under revision and it is imaginable some prestiges will switch tiers. Personally I'd say. you can still take some tier 1 prestiges like sapper or brewmaster as long as you don't insist on combat bonuses. But I'd would ask a GM before doing that.
I think Argent Templars are basically powered up Ret pallies under the employ of the Argents.
Would Brewmaster be take-able?
You can still be anything that is, essentially, just a name and a minor variant on one of the playable classes. Essentially, you can't play anything that changes your skill set. So, a barbarian is fine, you're just a warrior who flies off the handle a lot. An inscriber is not fine, as it changes what abilities you can use.

For the record, the prestige system as we know it is unlikely to ever return. We're discussing alternatives on the GM boards right now.
Brewmaster, I think, would not be allowed. It isn't really a variant of a class, more a profession, no?
Argent Templar was in Category II, anyhow. We're talking about Category I's/variants here.

A Templar focuses on a single element of the Light, forsaking all other skills. The better they get in that one area the more they start to lose everything else (I.E. They learn powerful offensive Light magic beyond the scope of a normal Paladin, but can't wear heavy armor or wield large weapons and can't heal.). Every time a Templar improves an ability or gains a new skill, they need to forsake one ability or skill they already possess.

Duncan, for example, my character, is what you might consider an IC-shockadin. He wields Light like a boss and doesn't afraid of anything, but cannot wield heavy weapons or heal, among other sacrificed skills.

So, no, ADT is not up for grabs now.
Quote:Category I:
Ace
Argent Dawn Templar
Brewmaster
Buccaneer
Duelist
Elven Ranger
Gunman
Hexer
Mounted Warrior
Inscriber
Sapper
Subversive
Totemic Druid (Talon, Claw or Fang)
Witch Doctor

I believe ADT is Cat 1, by the post regarding Prestiges back in the day. :o
Yeah, it's listed under Cat 1. Seeing how I and a friend have been using it for several months, and even held a full IC storyline for training, I'd be really unhappy if it were to be removed from players and considered unobtainable now.
Pages: 1 2