Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Human Shaman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Possible?
I am not asking about likely or not.
My Human, Demitrius, is known as a rather feral and wild human, and as a follower of Shamanism, even though he cannot speak to the ancient spirits of nature himself. I was wondering if such a thing is possible afterall, and what would I need to do to be approved to do so.
If not, feel free to explain why.
If yes, feel free to explain how.
All opinions appreciated! Danke!
In lore, it's possible to an extent.

On CotH, I'm quite sure we're sticking away from allowing such classes like Druid, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Paladin and Priest to races which cannot be them via game mechanics.
Well, we do have a Night Elf Paladin. Although, it would probably have to be a Special Profile.

EDIT: Not an exact Night Elf Paladin. A Night Elf Knight of Elune, or something. Warrior that uses Elune to fight.
Demi is profiled, so I was thinking more of writing it as an approved gradual storyline.
Danalthar Wrote:Well, we do have a Night Elf Paladin. Although, it would probably have to be a Special Profile.

EDIT: Not an exact Night Elf Paladin. A Night Elf Knight of Elune, or something. Warrior that uses Elune to fight.
Apparently this Night Elf got shot down by the GMs?
The profile's still up, so I'm not sure. Xetre Brightoak in Special Profiles.
BountyHunter Wrote:In lore, it's possible to an extent.

On CotH, I'm quite sure we're sticking away from allowing such classes like Druid, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Paladin and Priest to races which cannot be them via game mechanics.

Dwarf mage. We haz them.
c0rzilla Wrote:Dwarf mage. We haz them.
Okay, maybe Mage and Warlock have a bit more leeway to them. But, Shamans and Druids in particular hold quite a bit of lore behind them.
Just throwing it out there but I don't see a reason why if you revered the spirits a seasoned Shaman wouldn't be willing to train someone. I mean it would take a -long- time I'd think especially if you weren't raised around it but personally I don't understand why anyone can't be any class. Just because it isn't a native path for your people to take doesn't mean you were raised around one of your races' places of influence or even to say that you didn't leave to seek training after meeting a passerby who impressed you in a city. I feel like all that limiting classes does is limit the potential roleplay on the server. Just saying
Well the spirits themselves might outright reject him due to simply being a human.

They rejected the Orcs as a race for quite a while.
Some Orcs. Some, such as the Frostwolves and the Mag'har kept their powers.
Even then, the spirits did not answer them for a long time. Just because of what the Orcs did.

They're vengeful little buggers, and will hold a grudge against an entire race. :P
We will not be allowing any race/class combination changes that aren't allowed in lore, or by Blizzard. Even Cata class/race combos are not allowed right now- The Highborne Night Elf mages were mistakenly told to post their profiles, and if a Dwarf Mage has been approved then it was from misinformation. It's been the consensus on the GM team that Cata classes will be waiting until Cata.

As for the Night Elf paladin, I don't think so. It just hasn't been done, and it won't be allowed- Otherwise we would have to open up -every- race class combination on the premise of 'what if...'. It's that sort of stuff that paves the way for Orc paladins [shut up Grak] and Tauren warlocks.
Rigley Wrote:We will not be allowing any race/class combination changes that aren't allowed in lore, or by Blizzard. Even Cata class/race combos are not allowed right now- The Highborne Night Elf mages were mistakenly told to post their profiles, and if a Dwarf Mage has been approved then it was from misinformation. It's been the consensus on the GM team that Cata classes will be waiting until Cata.

As for the Night Elf paladin, I don't think so. It just hasn't been done, and it won't be allowed- Otherwise we would have to open up -every- race class combination on the premise of 'what if...'. It's that sort of stuff that paves the way for Orc paladins [shut up Grak] and Tauren warlocks.

Really? Athalbaug has been around for a long time, far as I remember. Even approved for prestige training as a ley-walker.
Sometimes GMs make mistakes or certain characters slip through the cracks. Remember the whole incident of high-elf forsaken? GMs ruled no on it, but a few had been passed before by mistake.

I think the most plausible race/class combination that isn't given are the melee ones, like hunter and warrior, because your characters can probably hunt animals or swing a sword as a profession without actually needing the class. I know I got a gnome hunter approved but it was more of a job/profession that she had.

I don't think this exception extends to tauren rogues, however :B
Pages: 1 2 3