Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Crusades in Quel'thalas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quel'thalas

[Image: TheGhostlands.jpeg]

Our shattered homeland has been tainted for too long. The Scourge roam our lands, carrying their plague and festering bodies. The stench of death lingers in the air and the ground decayed to nothing. Even the Wretched hold territory that should belong to the Sin'dorei. All these wars, these conflicts, distractions from the true threat that lies right on our doorstep.

The Lich King is dead, our forces are withdrawing back to their respectable posts. Now is the time to make a push, to drive the vile Scourge and the Wretched from our forests.

Now, we strike back.

In an effort to spur some activeness within the Blood Knights guild, Krian Duskbinder(And others) will be leading squads to patrol Eversong Woods, the Ghostlands, even the Dead Scar.

Note: I don't plan for this to be conquest RP, as it is not allowed!

Although this is led by the Blood Knights, they of course will welcome aid from other Sin'dorei and Forsaken. The other horde races might have a harder time getting over to Quel'thalas, but if they can manage to convince that they're worth something despite their ugliness, they can also assist. All classes are welcomed, even Warlocks.

Event times might be completely random, or have a set date. I do not have a complete storyline plotted out, but if this turns popular, I might try my hand at it.

There is no Character Warning issued on anyone, unless they feel like their character needs to die during an event. Do let me know if you plan on dying.

If you have a character interested in this, please leave a post and the character name! I hope to start one possibly this weekend! Your timezone and schedule would be a bonus!

(If anyone would like to DM/run events, feel free to do so! I would like to coordinate it with someone else!)

Rolling/combat system. Not in use for next event.
Spoiler:
We are using '/roll 50'.

Each Class has different HP.
Warlocks, Mages, Priests, Druid(In normal form) = 8 HP
Rogues, Hunters, Druids(In a form) = 10 HP
Warriors, Paladins, Death Knights = 12 HP

AoE attacks are conducted in this manner.
If you attack 2 targets, you roll 40 for each attack.
If you attack 3 targets, you roll 30 for each attack.
And so on.

Critical damages are 2x the lesser roll.
Ex:
Krian rolls a 25.
Undead Ghoul rolls a 10.

10 times 2 = 20
20 < 25
Krian crits Undead Ghoul for -2 HP.

There are no counters.

You may spend a turn to 'prep' your next attack, giving it a 10+ bonus to the roll.

Once a character reaches 0 HP, they will be knocked out.

Note: Classes that can heal are allowed to heal 10 HP per event. They do not have to roll for success, but it does cost a turn of combat.

Comments and other advice is greatly accepted!
Now this is something I could really go for.
Anaiya would definitely pitch in. She's been wondering when some major effort would be organized to do exactly this.
Plus this is the first event where I have a character that has a real motivation for attending.
I suppose that's one of the issues with only running a single character. Narrows your options a bit.
Anyway.
For time, Sundays always work for me, almost any time of the day, and I'm EST (GMT -5). I'm unavailable Saturdays.
Oooo, I have a character in the blood knight guild that I could join in on this with, and my elf Faelion. If Anaiya drags him along. ^.^
Maybe I can have Faelara in this too :D
That's good to hear. :3 I would like at least five per event/squad. Up to a max of ten.

It sounds like I might attempt one this coming Sunday, most likely around 2pm Sever-time.
Aerindae would be perfect for this. I also should be able to attend.
Hi! My name is Kirabo, and I'd love to assist your Dungeon Mastering! (Though I am first to make a Sin'Dorei, which I've been planning to for far too long.)
Pffft! There is no need to recruit anyone! Jaeden can take them all by herself!
Kirabo Wrote:Hi! My name is Kirabo, and I'd love to assist your Dungeon Mastering! (Though I am first to make a Sin'Dorei, which I've been planning to for far too long.)

Excellent! We need to plot sometime then. I was thinking that if there were two DM's, we could split the group during the event. So let's say there were ten people, we split into two groups of five.

That means the roll order goes faster, more people get to emote, and the event goes along better. :3

Nightongale Wrote:Pffft! There is no need to recruit anyone! Jaeden can take them all by herself!

/facepalm
I believe Krest -should- be part of this, seeming as though he is a Blood Knight.
Arianna will most likely be brought along for this.

I will also DM if you need another one.

INSANITY BEAMS!
Clearly Vynis would be there.. He's a Blood Knight afterall.
Due to Krian's unfortunate death tonight, I have made another Blood Knight, Sathus, to continue the event for Sunday at 2pm server time. Sathus will be my Blood Knight leading in the events while Krian waits a week to be revived, and then possibly another week or two to recover.
Updated the rolling system to have healers actually be able to, well. Heal!

First event is this Sunday, 2pm server time. We shall be doing a patrol in Eversong Woods, we shall meet up in Silvermoon. Your characters would've either...

A. Ordered to attend.
B. Volunteered.
C. Some other method.
So, I'm guessing the first event was a success. :D

We had 16 Sin'dorei, and 1 Forsaken attend... I guess what counts is that if anyone shows up for the 2nd event. o.o

-Update to the Roll/Combat system!-
I have added an AoE system.
Classes have different HP.
You can spend a turn to prep your next attack, for an added +10 bonus to your roll.

Comments, questions, advice, and criticism is all welcomed!
Pages: 1 2 3