Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Thrall's New Body model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not known to praise blizzard on much of anything lately but it seems they finally did something I like.

[Image: TZWL2FLJTDPF1293142525349.jpg]

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1831391

Does thrall's new image look better or is it just me? Though he kinda looks like a green space goat with his face so long with frown lines but if I had to deal with Garrosh I would frown a lot too.
I say that his new model actually points out that he's more powerful than a regular Orc Shaman. Meh. Cookies for blizzard!
I, for one, vastly prefer the aesthetics of his previous visage. Exceedingly.
I'm going to have to agree with Lost here.

He looks more like a hermit than a leader

Though, perhaps this is intentional.
I don't know it looks to me his had was snapped of the top of his body and glues to the front, he looks like a broken one now.
Arrillion Wrote:...he looks like a broken one now.
That may have been the base model. Who knows?
Blizzard does recycle the frames of bodies to a ridiculous extent. I wouldn't be surprised if thrall's new body was a broken wire frame with a new skin. Could find out by making him dance. XD He looks a lot older and his hair randomly changed colors on us. Though I like the improved detail, I cant wait for Garrosh to take a sword to his face and to see Thrall put back on the armor and lead the horde.
Worgen use Draenei wire frames..
Or its just me spotting that..
It's pretty obvious Worgen use draenei undercarriages with a Troll body slapped on top :P
Xigo Wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Lost here.

He looks more like a hermit than a leader

Though, perhaps this is intentional.

Well he does like... quit his role as leader, right? I guess he didn't technically become a hermit, but he's definitely following in the footsteps of the "Guardians of the World" before him and dressing very simply, despite his immense power.

Also I like the updated texture, but not necessarily the look. Like, if they did a texture update on old Thrall, that'd be a pretty neat look, maybe.
I just found it strange that becoming a full time shaman meant he needed to dye his hair.
I can't make Thrall ecchi with him like that! Oh that's... certainly different!
Rigley Wrote:I just found it strange that becoming a full time shaman meant he needed to dye his hair.

All great shaman dye their hair. All of them.
Since I read The Shattering, the change makes a lot of sense. Outfit-wise it does, anyway. I'm not so wild on the extremely long face and hunched back that make him look like a Broken One.
Yeah, I don't know, he looks more like a green wild draeni now.
I like the earlier better, it has something nostalgic..