Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sprout`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Just another broke college kid, I got off from retail not too long ago. I love the lore of Warcraft and the playing of individuals living within the time. I'm actually a bit of an addict when it comes to reading up tidbits of lore, like the smaller things. As a player, though? I do my best to get along with everyone and keep peace. I don't much like conflict. I like helping others when I can.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The States. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I'm not actually sure, to be honest. My memory is sometimes bad. But I'm guessing I just saw the Warcraft game in a store and asked for it for my birthday. But from there the game stuck in my mind because of the story line. I didn't really like the gameplay a lot. I think I was too young for it. Anyway, when WoW came out I was all over it. A chance to explore an actual world? Heck yes! That's what got me into it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I think I saw it mentioned in a forum somewhere. The name, surprisingly, came back to me as I was thinking of where to look for a new place to role play. Though google helped me actually find it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Oh, anything with suspense and danger. I love exploration role play as well. A situation when you're never sure what's going to happen. Of course, every now and then I do love a good relaxing roleplay. But most of the time I like moving. I like smaller groups, maybe no more than five or so. It's easier to keep track of, an any more people tend to begin to spoil the fun.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I will have to be a bore and say human for my favorite race. It seems to be the most versatile. I love trolls for the culture though. I love almost every race to be honest. Humans for the large spectrum though. My favorite class is a draw between Warlock and Hunter. I love warlocks for the danger their lives have no choice but to hold. Hunters because I see them as the easiest to travel with. Those are for RP reasons, though. Game play was always Priest.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am really hoping to come into a friendly, open community. Every time I went to a new server on retail, people ignored me because I wasn't part of their "group". I also hope everyone is open to helping and also ideas. Overall, I'm hoping for decent role play with great people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance and Respect are about equal for me. I hate seeing just one person being rude to another. We are all just human. Keyboarding skills also sticks out. It just shows time, effort, and pride in one's work and words when he or she types correctly.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
With a quick thrust, the blade dug deep into the fresh mud. The heat had caused the rain fall to cloud around the two figures. One lay on the ground, unmoving. The other figure stood. The shoulders were slouched and heaving, defeated. A few thick moments passed between the two.

The standing figure hit the ground, letting out a masculine grunt. Now on his knees, the man tore his gloves from his hands. He tossed them to the sword. One hit the metal with a light clank drowned out by the rain and buzz of the jungle. His hands dove into the soil and pulled out a large chunk of earth before tossing it aside. This continued for nearly an hour.

The man stood and for the first time since the kill, he glanced to the second figure. A shrunken existence of a man laid stiff over the mossy jungle floor. Half-open eyes were ringed by dark bags. His long, grayed, and matted hair clung to the moisture of his face and neck. Though only recently dead, the face showed a man who had lost his life long ago.

Gently and tenderly, the living man picked the smaller body of the second from the mud. He fell back to his knees and held the body over the grave, the weight causing him to sink slightly in the mush. A sharp breath was taken before the body was dropped into the grave.

The grave was slowly filled, handful by handful. The muddied soil was mixed with sweat and blood. The man stood and grabbed his sword. Taking the blade long-ways, he dug it deep into the tree. A deep X was left in the bark, a wound that would scar over and be with the tree for its life.

Stepping back, the task was complete. The sounds of the jungle finally began to pour into the scene. The call of birds, gasp of the rain, distant yells of the trolls all fell heavy onto the man's shoulders. They pressed into him. The reality hit. With his life's task done, he was alone. Nothing more to live for.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope to RP soon; I'm quite excited! Also, how active are the GMs? They were never around on retail so I'm a bit hopeful they're pretty active here.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

And the GM team is pretty active in-game.