Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tremble, for Maureen soon returns!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She had made it. After months of trekking in the peaks of Northrend, she had gained sight of the giant floating rock. Her heart would likely be torn, but a hint of self composure held her. She had become nervous and asocial, pointing her sword in bemused swings at whatever would disturb her senses. No quaintness, no calmness held any dominion on the girl any longer. She slowly marched towards an outpost in a frozen, crystalline forest; hurriedly, she ordered a room in the flying city mooring above, bumping into passersby as she proceeded. She locked the room, closed all curtains, and silently, she fetched a parchment and quill. On the scroll, she began writing.

"I have not found you.
It is like you were lost.
It is like you were gone.

I shall not wait any longer.
Those who wanted harm to the late Nova...

You will be befell. My Haven will rise on your ashes.

Your days are counted...

She tied in an eerie silence the scroll to her dragon hawkling, before drawing the curtain. A faint light penetrated the room. She frantically grabbed the bird, and jerked it outside. "To the Estate!" she bellowed in her haughty, distorted voice. The hawk soon vanished in the cold skies of Dalaran, venturing towards its destination. Maureen stomped her foot, left the room in a breeze, and soon enough the only trace of her would be a flower girl, found slain half a mine away from the ground outpost, horribly mutilated and murdered - and, eastwards, a trail of blood that very soon withered away, leaving stranded anyone foolish enough to follow the doomed path.