Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: 1/8 12pm - Hardware Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, the server is having issues fully booting after a couple of crashes. No ETA, but I'll give updates as I see them!
After some investigation, the problem appears to be a faulty memory module. I'm going to try to isolate which one is going bad.
To confirm, running a memtest returned with nothing but errors. Time to track down which one is bad! (Hopefully it's only one...)
Fortunately, it seems the very first one I pulled out was the faulty one - it was also one of the 1GB sticks. So, it's not too much of a performance loss! Still doing some other maintenance though, first.
Unfortunately, the crash(es) seems to have corrupted the database a bit. Attempting recovery! Worse comes to worse, we'll have to revert back a day or so.
Thankfully, it's not as bad as I anticipated. I'll be lowering the memory usage of the Trinity server program, and bringing it back up momentarily.
Okay, so it turns out it really was worse. I'll have to revert to a week-old backup of the whole characters table. Fungah!
Alright, the server is up for now. You may see some... 'oddities' in your quest log. Other than that, and the week revert (*shudder*), things seem alright.