Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A bit of a problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before you jump to conclusions, this isn't a grief post, or an "I'm-leaving" post, I just want to know what I did wrong. I was roleplaying for all of thirty minutes on my character Rein. I didn't have much of a problem, except people seemed to jump at the opportunity to hit each other whenever it struck them.
I sat down to roleplay with a few people, and my character mentioned that he was working with an experiment. He was able to bring a rabbit back to life with a bit of alchemy and blood. I was stopped by someone I'd only assume is a GM, and I'm sure all they were doing is making sure the roleplay on the server was fine, but apparently my character wasn't allowed to be an alchemist.
I thought this was strange because alchemists aren't exactly rare, even powerful ones, but this seems like fundamental alchemy, if not a bit necromantic in nature. I try to avoid the word "necromantic" because people assume I'm referring to magical abilities. Am I doing something wrong? Again I'm not trying to grief, I just really would like to know what I should do.
The problem wasn´t that you were a alchemist, the problem was that you claimed to have a potion that brought things ( at least a rabbit) back from the dead

I asked you to tell me more and you said that it was old blood, you replied with (and I quote here). "((Well, Rein´s not telling the entire truth, he´s been working with the blood in a sort of necromantic way.))"

You seem to be a nice enough fella, I recommend that you speak to the higher GMs about his potion before continuing with that plot-line.
By "Rein's not telling the entire truth" I meant in character, and in a necromantic way I meant more of a dark use of it, but I can see where that could be confusing. And I can understand about the potion bringing a rabbit to life, but it seems no different than the way a druid, priest, shaman, paladin, or a hunter with it's pet can.
I find this potion to be intriguing. Perhaps you elaborated more on how it worked and mabey then, the GMs will consider it. Anyone and everyone can cook up something that does something magical and amazing, but there has to be a sort of "logic" behind how it works so as to avoid "powergaming" or things of that sort.
The difference is that you are a warlock, if to want those abilities and claim to have them by some other means that is counted as power/skill claiming.

If we let you have necromantic/rezz powers what stops others from claiming to know how to become a dragon or something else? Its a policy of the server and we don´t break it, often (can´t remember any time it has been broken actually).

And what Kainue said might work. *Smirk*
Alright, I understand, so where would I go and who would I talk to in order to figure out if my character's story is alright?
One of the higher GMs, Rensin, Kretol or Grakor.
Necromancer is a prestige class as well, so I'm assuming any form of necromancy is forbidden unless any of the GMs mentioned above approves it.