Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xytan`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is átomos, I'm a unit of matter that feels that we Atoms are highly discriminated against and not represented equally in society. We will now hold your world hostage, every hour one of us will split ourselves until Atoms gain the recognition they deserve.

Humor and inanity aside, I'm an aspiring writer that has been roleplaying for the course of nearly seven (Lucky number!) years across a variety of platforms. Although, from my own observations, the introduction of a writer is somewhat of a cliché here. I suppose one could consider me an avid gamer, however I'm more attracted to the dynamic aspects that most gaming genres have to offer. Tactical First Person Shooters highly interest me, not so much the violent nature of them, but the thought process involved to get anywhere in the game. Don't get me wrong however, I enjoy the outdoors! In fact, I'll be going Camping sometime next week so keep me in your prayers, it's expected to storm. Only gaming allows you to interact with people you don't know, create various scenarios at the tip of a hat, and easily play back the highlight reel. In retrospect, this is probably what brought me to roleplay in the first place. You need to make split second decisions on your character's actions and always be aware how he or she is interacting with the world around them. As an author you are omnipotent in your own story, taking yourself out of the equation is necessary if do not want to butcher your story. Roleplay for me hits two birds with one stone, it's highly enjoyable.

This introduction is in accordance with statues instated by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. No actually birds were harmed in the making of this introduction, use of metaphorical thinking is highly advised.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I speak fruent Engrish.

I've been cooped up on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for most of my life. Oh, and by deserted island, I sarcastically refer to Hawai'i. I can speak, think, and can write in English if that was not already evident.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got introduced to Warcraft by a family member who got me Warcraft III to 'expand my views' as she put it. I hadn't tried a Real-Time Strategy before, and if you saw me now you would know that I absolutely love them to death, and for some games, Real-Time Strategy Heaven as well. When World of Warcraft was released, it caught the eye of another of sibling of mine, who soon started playing it, and then introduced me to it. At this point, the open fire caught on to the carpet and soon had spread to the windows and before I knew it I was looking at a second Sun in our Solar System. I've been playing WoW ever since it first came out, and shortly before the release of the Burning Crusade, started Roleplaying on retail servers. Being the creative person I was, I had all these 'fun' ideas to somehow incorporate in-game building and similar things, only I was not the first to think of it. More on how somebody beat Thomas Edison to a patent in the next question!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found a private Roleplay server which, in my humble opinion, has reached a level of infamy to be termed as ubiquitous. Echeloned-WoW already had my ideas, and they were incorporated into various phases. Admittedly, there were a few kinks in the system but I soon learned to love it. However it somewhat paralleled a dictatorship in that it had great potential to do good, but at the same time there was little stopping the bad from happening. A large portion of the population simply played around with the godlike power they now wielded. In certain clique's of roleplayers, metagaming was high and idiocy rampant.

Example; In a quiet village RP, one player decided to suddenly and sporadically, without precedent or some dramatic storyline, infect himself with a plague that turned him into "Arthas King." - Of course, he simply changed his model to Arthas Menethil's Death Knight model and ran around. Apparently, idiocy was as infectious as the plague and soon the entire town was yelling "Oh no, I am turning into Arthas King." while I attempted to off myself with my Grand Marshal's Claymore before either the plague or idiocy started affecting me as well.

But, through stringent application processes and retreating to my own phase (Compare it to Blizzards Phasing System) I was able to isolate myself off from them and slowly find people I came to know as friends that were capable of actual Roleplay. Sadly, the Arthas King plague apparently fused with the scourge of idiocy and infected an Administrator who proceeded to use donation funds for his own gain leading to a cease and desist order which lead to the Universe imploding and reality ceasing to exist as we know it - Echelon got shut down to avoid a law suit by Blizzard Entertainment.

So I enjoyed the Christmas Season, did a few things here and there and about three hours ago, blame all this typing, found you, Conquest of the Horde, from a remarkably brief Google search. Almost mistook you for one of those PvP-server types, might want to look into the connotation of your name. The application process, despite all the work that has to be done, seems to weed out Arthas King. All in all, this server looks highly promising, even if it doesn't live up to my expectations, (More on that later!) where else am I going to go?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Really, I enjoy any type of Roleplay as long as it actually has a future, or for that matter a history.

For example, most Tavern RP's are simply "Bar Maid! Ale!" - "Me drunk, me no understand what Machiavellianism means, me smash you!" - "DUUUUUDDDEEEEE! I'm like, totally wasted! No, I won't stop drinking, your like totally harshing my mellow man! I'm going to get on the table and dance now!" - "You looked at me funny, because I come from an aggressive PvP server and play an Orc, I'm going to Roleplay fighting with you without precedent! Bite my Axe you Gnomish Scum!"

Obviously really, that is not going to get very far, or for that matter, get anywhere. Even without the idiocy described above, most people manage Tavern RP's as a simple, come in, order beer, goodbye. There is nothing new to do, nothing... dynamic.

Really, that is all I want, a Roleplay that is dynamic, that goes somewhere, that catches you off guard and has you thinking on your feet for what to do next. Of course I'm not saying that I want a monkey wrench thrown into a precisely planned Roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Really, I've come to term my favorite race/class out of stereotypes than I have out of my own passions. Most people commonly portray Night Elves akin to themselves, and I've found that when portraying them closer to their actual traditions it confuses a lot of people. So generally, I have stayed away from both the Blood Elves and Night Elves. I'm confident with Dwarves, but not many people are interested with them leading to me being rather alone.

I'll make this more concise than my other answers for the sake of time. I consider the Human race to have the most possibilities for Roleplay. Due to the nature of the Warrior class, I have a variety of abilities that I can inject into roleplay to add into immersion.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want a server that hopefully, Arthas King will not be the norm, one that provides immersion and a community that is willing to try something new and move forward rather than do the same silly old things over again. More so, I'm looking forward to a community that is considerate and wants to make the little world they live in, better.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Your policy on NPC Abuse interests me the most as I find that an increasing number of Roleplayer's may be able to take their characters to such depths, but do not include immersion into the equation. While it is nice to create your own world, grafting yourself into the bigger picture rather than ignoring it is the more prudent choice.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
He was nothing, a void abyss in the vast expanse of reality, undetectable, invisible, unnoticeable. His subtle craft was surely without equal, there was no barrier he could not bypass, no being he could not get to, no item out of his reach. He stood now, a motionless blur, crouching in the bushes, his prize locked in his stalwart eyes. Slowly he crept forward, his lithe figure blending in perfectly with the shadows. He neared his objective, his mouth was salivating, just a few more yards...
The blow came as swift as it was painful, he should have known! Years worth of experience had once again been squandered as he was once again outmatched by his foe.

"Khaidan!" She shrieked, "For the love of the light, this is for the market place!"

Beaten, battered, and broken and sorrowed by both his failure and chastisement by his mother. Little Khaidan Hastings dejectedly hung his head as he walked away, once again denied his prize of Stormwind Brie.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Does the phrase "Familiarity breeds contempt." - Ring true here?
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.