Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: [CMC] READ ME FIRST! I AM IMPORTANT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A bit of information and what we'll be looking for... (subject to change)

The profile submissions are intended to simply pitch an idea for a character or persistent/temporary NPC that will require a custom model. As long as there seems to be a purpose for the idea beyond simply making a unique character, there's a possible chance that it could be approved. Ideas -can- also be pitched on Ventrilo, but if a GM requests that it be done in writing, please do so. Don't simply ask a different GM.

When posting, use a subject that includes the name, followed by [Race] and [Event]/[Temporary]/[Persistent]
The body of the post will not need to adhere to a particular format, but the following information should be included:
  • Race of character/NPC (Include the OOC race that I should use!)
  • Class of character/NPC (Or the closest normal class that it would resemble)
  • Name of character/NPC (Include both the desired in-game name and a full name (if applicable))
  • Exact modelID requested (find using wowhead - check the page source and do a search for displayid)
  • Duration that character will be used (However many days for an event, or persistent)
  • Purpose for the character/NPC (Event, storyline, etc.)
  • Location the character/NPC will reside
  • Level requested (Must be a normal level; 1-85)
  • Any special equipment needed (generally this will only be held items, as other armor won't show up unless it's one of the models that show armor, like a fel orc)

These characters should not be played OOCly. That is, no farming, no OOC shenanigans, and no sending any items to or from the character.

Also, please bear in mind these characters will only be available to Grunts+. It's also possible that you may not get a response to the submission (unless we know that it's something we won't want, in which case it will be denied with a reason). Furthermore, it is quite likely only those that we've encountered no issues with or have received no negative reports on involving god-moding/metagaming/other unappreciated RP will have a chance to get accepted. Naturally, we will only want those that we feel can be trusted in handling such a unique character controlling one.

Lastly, not many of these characters will be active at once. There may be more of these at a time in any particular 'class' than others (ie, more allowances will probably be made for temporary/event-based NPCs than persistent ones). Any active characters/NPCs will be moved to the Active subforum so people can keep track of them. It is important to note when you are finished with a custom character as well - it'll be much appreciated and provide more incentive to allow further trust with future submissions.

--------------------------------------

Check here for a spreadsheet with CMC account info!
For feedback, questions, comments, etc., please refer to this thread.
Folks can now see some information regarding the current CMC accounts here.
Note that I randomly do checks of activity on the characters, and if a character hasn't been logged in for a while (generally several weeks, though it's completely up to my interpretation) the account will likely be locked. I will not send any notifications when I do so, but I will update the spreadsheet. If you intend on actively playing the character again, please let me know.