Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: WoW keeps updating.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I play cata and wanted to also be able to play on a good rp server (This one of course).
So What I did was download wow twice but with 2 versions of course: Cata and WOTLK 3.3.5 patched.

When I finally patched all the files manually (pain in the a..) I swapped out the realmist for the Conquest one, and deleted the cache. I dont use the launcher (because it automatically updates if you do) but instead used the application to load the game right up.
I get to the login in screen and what not and when I log into my account it tries to update it for me.
I was wondering if there is a way to stop this. Or If I'm forgetting something key (I'll double check as well).
Thank you! :)
You may still have the normal realmlist in your Data/enUS (or whatever locale) folder. Ensure there's only one realmlist.
Also, try renaming the Launcher.exe application to something like LauncherBAK.exe or Launcher.exe.bak
Make sure you do a few things....
1) change the rp server's folder name from WoW or Worldofwarcraft.
2) double check realmlist and the patchlist (both located in the same notepad)
3) be sure it's at 3.3.5

If all of those things have been double checked, let me know I've had this issue a few times...
Yeah I dont have the original WoW realmist/patchlocation. I now get a new message saying Unable to validate the version of WoW....Some files might be corrupt?
I think some of the files might be corrupt somehow (seeing how I cant even run repair >:( I will probably have to reinstall the whole game again or what not.
I would suggest trying to reinstall again then, I know that sucks to do, but it's either that, or you don't have it as 3.3.5 That's all I can think of.
That error is what you get when you're overpatched. Because the game can't recognize th patch because it's newer than the server itself.
I havent overpatched though. It says that it is 3.3.5 (12340) which is the same patch Conquest is on.
Try temporarily renaming the WTF folder to something like WTFBak.
Ok. I just reinstalled WoW and got it patched up to 3.3.5a. When I log in it stops at handshaking. any ideas?
Nvm it works now! Can't wait to start RPing again!